Chicago Area Paper Says Gophers Have Offered Ryan Boatwright

His favorite NFL RB is lawrence maroney. Out of the university of Minnesota. Hopefully he makes the same college choice!

Boatwright is Really, really good and one of the best in the state. He's small 5' 10" but is an explosive point guard. He plays for East Aurora, which has become a good program since he's been in it and his dad was a legend in suburban Chicago basketball. He would be a really really nice pickup and a nice start to recruiting the Chicago market.

Based on what I have read in recent months, I do not think Minnesota is a player in Boatright's recruitment. A Ryan James tweet from the big AAU week in Vegas:

"Ryan Boatright to visit Miami and Tennessee. West Virginia and Baylor also there for the pg. No Minnesota mentioned."

http://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN

Based on what I have read in recent months, I do not think Minnesota is a player in Boatright's recruitment. A Ryan James tweet from the big AAU week in Vegas:

"Ryan Boatright to visit Miami and Tennessee. West Virginia and Baylor also there for the pg. No Minnesota mentioned."

http://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN

From the article (and quoting the young man himself) clipped:

"My family and I will sit down after this weekend and try to decide which schools I will visit," said Boatright, who has received scholarship offers from eight schools, but also has interest from several others.

The offers have come from Miami (Fla.), Texas-El Paso (where Floyd landed), West Virginia, Iowa, Minnesota, DePaul, Baylor and Providence.

Tennessee, Kentucky and Wake Forest have shown interest, too, but have yet to offer.

When I talked to Boatright, he didn't mention Minnesota until I brought it up in Vegas. I'm in Chicago for the adidas nation and he is playing here, so I'll ask him about interest from Minnesota. I think Miami is the team to beat, plus I'd rather have Tharpe, who more of a true point guard and is also bigger.

Boatright can play. Third best guard in the Illinois class of 2011. imo Small, and more of a two guard than a point, but he is explosive.

The other offers look to be a little too competitive for Grandpa Tubby

Boatright and his mom talk about the UK/Anthony Davis allegations

"We know (some schools) have done it in the past and we know some will continue to do it," she said. "It is what it is.

"We would never do something like that because we'd be the ones to get caught."

Logical reasoning I suppose.

Nice Detlef Schrempf reference (unrelated to the UK/Davis matters) in the story as well.. always liked him as a player. One of his kids is at UCLA... walked on last year but didn't play.

Unrelated reading - Dwyane Wade meets family of slain teen

Ryan Boatright

Just talked to Ryan Boatright. He said that he hasn't heard much from Minnesota recently, which I thought was the case. Naadir Tharpe is the top PG on their wish list. Miami is the team to beat for Boatright.

Top Bottom