Gophers should get off to AT LEAST a 5-0 start

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
How easy can the schedule be? My god... the first 5 games are against directional schools! Did Mason ever have a schedule that started out with 5 directional schools in a row?

;)

I suppose I'll let "Middle" count as a direction. ;)

PS: Why "Middle" and not "Central"? If there is a reason, could our delightful MTSU lurkers inform us?

PS: Why "Middle" and not "Central"? If there is a reason, could our delightful MTSU lurkers inform us?

Because the state of Tennessee is divided into 3 official regions, since it's a very linear state. West TN where you have Memphis, Middle TN Nash, and East TN Knoxville. Three main regions. MTSU is in middle TN, near Nashville.

P.S. you're right, i've never heard of middle as a direction either.

Mufreesburough (Spelling :rolleyes:),TN is the exact geographic middle of the state. Equal distance from all four corners if I am not mistaken. Hence, middle, not central.

Who Knew?

Mufreesburough (Spelling :rolleyes:),TN is the exact geographic middle of the state. Equal distance from all four corners if I am not mistaken. Hence, middle, not central.

From Wiki...Murfreesboro is the geographic center of the state of Tennessee. A stone monument marks the official site on Old Lascassas Pike, about a half-mile (800 m) north of MTSU.

and googling that brought this: http://www.nola.com/sportsflash/index.ssf?/base/sports-342/1281133699269680.xml&storylist=nola_sports

no idea if the link works but Middle Tenn is expecting to be 1 and 0 and ranked in the TOP 25 in 2010

It is true that Murfreesboro is the geographic center of the state and the marker for the exact point is a stone's throw from the stadium, however, the reason for Middle is the three regions of the state as stated by a previous poster. The three stars on the Tennessee flag represent the three regions of the state.

The three stars on the Tennessee flag represent the three regions of the state.

I always thought those represented the three missing front teeth.

Not sur wat kine of edumacation theys givin you up thar in Minnysota, but down heer in Tennessee are learnin books says we's only got two frunt teef... mus be a north'n thing havin three...

I thought they represented the number of stills pa's got in the wooded lot makin' moonshine licker!

Top Bottom