Brendan Beal

EE_Gopher

Reaction score
I know we won't see him on the field until next year, but it is going to be interesting to see how good he looks like on the practice squad.

I truly feel that this kid has a really good chance to be the best LB in the big 10 his senior year. When was the last time we could say we had something like that?

Any chance Beal can appeal some kind of hardship to play this year

Extenuating circumstances or injury related appeal to NCCA for eligibility this year? Is there anything in the rules that would allow an appeal to play this year. If possible I would at least try for that.

Beal certainly has the size, speed, athleticism, talent, and intangibles

"the best LB in the Big Ten by his senior year". ???? How did I miss the body of work that led to that assessment?

"the best LB in the Big Ten by his senior year". ???? How did I miss the body of work that led to that assessment?

Because you missed the "he has a really good chance to become ..." part of the quote. You really should pay closer attention.

To see how Beal's progressing pay attention to the scout team Defensive POW award. I paid attention to it last year looking for Maresh's name and at least twice saw Aaron Hill's name. If Beal is the as dominant as we expect he should dominate the POW. If he doesn't you'll get an early heads up.

He is everything you need in player. Highly rated, 5 star, out of Pennsylvania. Had his choice of any school. Academic athelete, chose Minnesota for The Carson School. Fits a need, to the tee.
Strong, athletic, and quick. Tinsley will have all he can handle next spring. There has been interest on the board about next years defense and he will be in the mix.

Strength up the middle.

Simple but so true. Defensive tackles, The Smash Brothers Fraternity; a big physical middle linebacker, and a physical safety are key to shutting down a running game.

When you jump in the way back you will find Dyron Russ, John Schlect, Sean Hoffman, and Tryone Carter. That was a pretty good defense.

We are begining to stock the DT position with some depth now. The middle backer took a hit when Sam left school, but Beal comes in. That is all good.

Safety, Theret and Royton might be the most physical tandem we have had since Carter and Ward.

Fuller blogged that he looks like Lee Campbell except more athletic.

The rest of Fuller's blog is more telling. "Sophomore linebacker Brendan Beal, a Florida transfer, began practice with the returning players this afternoon. The 6-3, 250-pound Beal has some massive biceps, and he looked pretty intimidating."

Hey Johnny, ask Beal if he could snap your pencil neck.

What if Beal gets drafted next April and never plays a down for the Gophers? I mean he was the best LB for Florida in their Spring Game right? He was so good that he just decided to transfer from a national title contender to a middle of the pack B10 team....

The rest of Fuller's blog is more telling. "Sophomore linebacker Brendan Beal, a Florida transfer, began practice with the returning players this afternoon. The 6-3, 250-pound Beal has some massive biceps, and he looked pretty intimidating."

Hey Johnny, ask Beal if he could snap your pencil neck.

Oh I am sure he could since he has such HUGE..MASSIVE..HULKING..MANLY MAN BICEPS!! I'm intimidated just thinking about it as I am sure every Big 10 OLmen not graduating in 2011 is.

Oh I am sure he could since he has such HUGE..MASSIVE..HULKING..MANLY MAN BICEPS!! I'm intimidated just thinking about it as I am sure every Big 10 OLmen not graduating in 2011 is.

You? Intimidated? Not with your trusty Jedi light saber!

we should run the 3-4 once Beal is eligible.

Kirksey, Edwards, Jacobs on the front.
Cooper, Beal, Tinsley, Reeves/Rallis at the linebackers.
Carter, Watkins, Manuel, Lewis in the backfield.

we should run the 3-4 once Beal is eligible.

Kirksey, Edwards, Jacobs on the front.
Cooper, Beal, Tinsley, Reeves/Rallis at the linebackers.
Carter, Watkins, Manuel, Lewis in the backfield.
How do you leave the most NFL ready, RS FR DLman never to play a snap, off the field in that alignment? Maybe you are assuming he goes to Canada to play after this year while waiting for his class to be NFL draft elgible?

How do you leave the most NFL ready, RS FR DLman never to play a snap, off the field in that alignment? Maybe you are assuming he goes to Canada to play after this year while waiting for his class to be NFL draft elgible?

He means when Hageman is resting. We'll run a 1-6 when Hageman is in.

Yeah, it's called playing time, maybe you've heard of it?

What if Beal gets drafted next April and never plays a down for the Gophers? I mean he was the best LB for Florida in their Spring Game right? He was so good that he just decided to transfer from a national title contender to a middle of the pack B10 team....

Your right, he should have transferred to OSU and stood in line behind of couple of the "Coach's guys". How could he be so stupid?

Why would the "best LB in the Big 10" have to stand behind anyone?

Show me again where anyone called him the "best LB in the Big Ten" now, or even next year, or even the year after that. Thanks in advance.

P.S. You're pathetic.

Patherhawk...

Why would the "best LB in the Big 10" have to stand behind anyone?

I have heard that filming has started on Episode 7 of Star Wars, can you confirm this?
go back to ESPN and StarTrib's boards.

Middle of the pack Big Ten team? This is the most optimism you've ever shown!

Top Bottom