Nice article on former Gopher Logan Payne

BleedGopher

Reaction score
It sounds like he's having a great first week of camp in Mankato:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/v...rksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ

I always got frustrated the way Mason would waste a freshman or two's first year of eligibility with little use as opposed to redshirting them, and Payne was no exception. He got better and better and really could have been a force if he had a 5th year. Oh well.

Go Gophers!!

How, actually, would you conduct practice if you had a border line team? As Mason used to say, how can you play a guy who has not practiced, and if he gets the reps, how do you not play him if he is needed? Think back to the fourth quarter of the key Michigan loss. Bet the coaches were wishing they had another true wideside linebacker practiced up. You have to both practice the guys who you might play and play the guys you practiced. You can't be third string and redshirt at the same time unless the guys ahead of you don't get injured.

Bleed - Just wanted to say thanks for hooking up all these articles. You're one of the reasons this site can stand as a one stop shop for Gopher Football.

Bleed - Just wanted to say thanks for hooking up all these articles. You're one of the reasons this site can stand as a one stop shop for Gopher Football.

Thanks Kool Aid.

I always find it interesting that a nice profile on a former Gopher will have dramatically less interest/views than an article about a 17 year old that may never even visit the campus, but oh well!

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Kool Aid.

I always find it interesting that a nice profile on a former Gopher will have dramatically less interest/views than an article about a 17 year old that may never even visit the campus, but oh well!

Go Gophers!!

Agreed. One of the main reasons I watch the NFL is to see how former Gopher players are performing. I always thought Logan was an underrated receiver. I hope he makes the Vikings' squad.

Top Bottom