Texas the next Notre Dame?

station19

Reaction score
What are the chances Texas copies the Notre Dame Model.

Independant in football, all other sports remain in Big 12.

Football: Forming their own TV network(financial bonanza), already scheduling games with ND and Cal.

Basketball: With K, K State and others the big 12 would remain a very good basketball conference and Texas would have the 'financial ability' to keep it together.

#3: Definately enough ego to do it.

Thoughts.

Nah.

Notre Dame has always been an independent (an obsolete status that they're holding onto for dear life). They will eventually be forced to affiliate themselves or risk becoming a complete afterthought.

Texas has been in one conference or another for almost 100 years. Inertia often plays a bigger role in these situations than anything. If they're not compelled to do so for some reason, they won't.

What's the over/under on the number of posts before censored comes in all butthurt and whining about some perceived slight against his beloved Schlonghorns? I'll say 3.5, and I'm taking the under.

Unfortunately for you this post doesn't bother me at all.

I know you hate being wrong, but this time... you are.

Judging by the tone of your post here, it seems that dose of reality I dealt you yesterday is still with you this morning. I'm glad the message resonated.

;)

What do I win?

"Dose of reality." Dear Lord. Get real.

I believe we will begin to see research universities turn into private insititutions. I would like to see the U of M lead this trend instead of being the last Big Ten school to do this.

I believe we will begin to see research universities turn into private insititutions. I would like to see the U of M lead this trend instead of being the last Big Ten school to do this.

You want the U of M to become a private institution? If so, what are your reasons?

Not sure what you mean by this... explain, por favor. :)

Texas already has nine teams that will continue to feed the Beast whatever it wants.

What do I win?

"Dose of reality." Dear Lord. Get real.

Well since I didn't post on the thread while whining about a percieved slight to my Longhorns in a fit of butthurtedness, I'd say "you lose, you get nothing, good day sir!"

But if your shoulder isn't too sore from already doing it endlessly, you may continue to pat yourself on the back if you choose.

:D

Interesting comment, do you mean that funding will become more dependant on sources other than the state.

I am saying we will begin to see some schools begin to push for privitization. Increasing revenue streams will provide them more opportunities to become autonomous. Re public $: You don't have to look very hard to see that public funding doesn't end when dealing with privately held businesses.

I am saying we will begin to see some schools begin to push for privitization. Increasing revenue streams will provide them more opportunities to become autonomous. Re public $: You don't have to look very hard to see that public funding doesn't end when dealing with privately held businesses.

There is a contigent of the University of Michigan that is making this push for privatization because quite frankly they get so little revenue from the state of Michigan and they can get nearly 3 times the tuition from an out of state student versus an in-state student. Academically elite schools such has Michigan, Cal-Berkeley, and Virginia which have tons of out-of-state applicants might be some of the few that could do it.

Top Bottom