Has Troy Stoudimire ever been tried at tailback?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Troy Stoudimire has ever played tailback or been tried at tailback.
I know he is a smaller guy but Stoudimire has always struck me as a play maker with the ball in his hands. Put a stong fullback in front of him and I think Stoudimire has the quickness to hit the holes read and actually see or have the instincts for the cutbacks and cracks that our line provides. He see's stuff the other guy's do not when returning kicks you can see that.

Stoudimire does not have the size to be an every down back I will acknowledge that and that kind of pounding, but it would seem that he has the "quicks" to break off some runs. I like it when TS touches the ball and would hope he get's some touches there like a scat back off some screens.
It is like playing Gray at WR some, you want TS and Gray, guy's that can be play makers and have some explosiveness touching the football. Gray and Stoudimire need to get the ball a lot if we are going to open things up and score a lot more points this season.

this guy is our Percy Harvin/ Peter Warrick. Anyway we can get the ball in his hands the better off we will be.

I am guessing we will see some of him rushing out of the slotback position similar to what Wisconsin has done for a while now. Gilreath had a couple of good end-round type carries of that ilk.

have stoudemire and gray as split tailbacks the defenses wont know which side of the line to cave in, therefore giving us a better shot of doing something :O

This thread seems contradictory to what Horton has preached about basics and running and executing less plays better. I think this thread seems to scream for Coach Fisch to be creating plays for us again.

Carry the Rock

I'd give the Rock to Buckner. He'd probably get you at least 1500 yards this season!

Being a good punt/kickoff returner doesn't make you a good RB. You'd be asking a 183lb kid to learn how to be patient and run behind a line instead of freelancing in the open field.

I think Stoudermire is largely over-rated. He's a great return man, and he's made a few nice plays at WR, but he's never been a consistent performer. His hands are not great and he does not strike me as a natural at receiver. I do like the idea of giving him a carry or two but i don't think he's our Percy Harvin. Not even close.

Being a good punt/kickoff returner doesn't make you a good RB. You'd be asking a 183lb kid to learn how to be patient and run behind a line instead of freelancing in the open field.

I think Stoudermire is largely over-rated. He's a great return man, and he's made a few nice plays at WR, but he's never been a consistent performer. His hands are not great and he does not strike me as a natural at receiver. I do like the idea of giving him a carry or two but i don't think he's our Percy Harvin. Not even close.

How is he overrated when that's essentially what's always been said about him. Great returner, good with the ball in his hands but not a consistent WR. The problem is that Fisch didn't really make an effort to get the ball to him. Our team isn't Florida and we don't have a ton of guys that are explosive with the ball and Fisch made no attempt to get it to the one guy who was. No screens to him, no reverses, no hitches, nothing.

Top Bottom