Bo Ryan

Funny pic

They really do look alike. Too bad he's been the grinch-who-steals-Minnesota-recruits since he got to Madison.

Bo's a good coach but has excelled in large part due to his ability to get top Minnesota kids. The hiring of Tubby may have signaled the beginning of the end of Wisconsin as respectable basketball school (back to the old days for Sconny). Wisconsin just doesn't have the national draw and with Marquette and Minnesota nearby, regional recruits may be hard to come by for UW. So long Becky!

Bo's job got a lot more difficult when Tubby was hired, no doubt, but he'll continue to do just fine at Wisconsin. He's an excellent basketball coach. Tubby will do just fine as well. The next 5-6 years have a chance to be a golden era of Big Ten basketball with all the top-shelf coaches in place.

They really do look alike. Too bad he's been the grinch-who-steals-Minnesota-recruits since he got to Madison.

Bo's a good coach but has excelled in large part due to his ability to get top Minnesota kids. The hiring of Tubby may have signaled the beginning of the end of Wisconsin as respectable basketball school (back to the old days for Sconny). Wisconsin just doesn't have the national draw and with Marquette and Minnesota nearby, regional recruits may be hard to come by for UW. So long Becky!

I don't think you have been following recruiting very closely if you believe that.

The Badgers are very happy with the player they have from Minnesota next year. I don't think Bo would trade for either White or Williams.

Bo's a good coach but has excelled in large part due to his ability to get top Minnesota kids. The hiring of Tubby may have signaled the beginning of the end of Wisconsin as respectable basketball school (back to the old days for Sconny). Wisconsin just doesn't have the national draw and with Marquette and Minnesota nearby

Two things:

1) Bo consistently gets the absolute most out of every player that he recruits for his system. He always has. As much as I don't like Wisconsin, you would have to be out of your mind not to be able to recognize and respect the work that Bo is doing east of us. I truly believe that Bo is one of the least respected coaches in the country. He may not get commitments from 3 blue chip 4*/5* prospects every recruiting class, but he has shown that his teams don't need a roster full of them to win ball games. Bo's teams often play a scrappy, not flashy, team style of ball, but it produces a ton of W's for Bo's Badgers every season. Minnesota can only get, realistically, the top 3 players in the state per year, assuming they even want to play at The U. Bo has done consistently well recruiting MN since he arrived in Madison in 2001, and I would assume that will continue. It may not be as easy with Tubby, but to a certain extent it will. (Mike Bruesewitz)

2) Being consistently ranked among the top 25 teams in the nation almost every year (sorry, couldn't find exact #'s) and going to the NCAA tourney in every season since he stepped onto campus is enough national draw for a lot of terrific players, especially kids from the mid west that want to play for a winner, yet stay close. Bo will be fine, believe me.

I don't think you have been following recruiting very closely if you believe that. The Badgers are very happy with the player they have from Minnesota next year. I don't think Bo would trade for either White or Williams.

I'm sure Bo is very happy with Bruesewitz, but it's also pretty clear that White was his first choice. Bo offered White almost a full year before he offered Bruesewitz.

Top Bottom