Adam Weber impressed with J.D. Pride's work ethic

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Weber praises freshmen for great attitude
By Marcus Fuller

Gophers senior quarterback Adam Weber remembers pretty vividly being where J.D. Pride is right now.

Pride, a true freshman from Brooklyn Park, Minn., tried to make an impression on his teammates and coaches with his work ethic in summer workouts and meetings.

And he did.

"I like J.D. Pride a lot. He's impressed me," Weber said. "I like his willingness and work to get better and to be a good quarterback at this level."

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Pride was a mobile quarterback at Totino-Grace High School last season. He's athletic enough to play wide receiver, but Weber likes what he sees from Pride as a signal caller right now.

"Until he's told to move he wants to be a quarterback," Weber said. "I really respect that. He wants to learn. He's one of the first guys to ask for a playbook. Those are the little things you look for in a player. He definitely has it. Wherever we put him, he's going to be a great teammate."

Weber also mentioned freshman offensive lineman Jimmy Gjere as a player he expects to contribute in the near future. Freshman receiver Cameron Wilson from Texas got his attention as well.

"I like his attitude," Weber said about Wilson. "He's got good size. He's coming along and he wants to learn."

-- Weber said he and redshirt freshman quarterback Moses Alipate were able to work out this summer with Arizona Cardinals receiver and Minneapolis native Larry Fitzgerald and former NFL stars Chris Carter and Michael Irvin. It's too bad sophomore MarQueis Gray couldn't have spent some time with them, too.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2010/08/weber-has-some-praise-for-fres.html

Go Gophers!!

Nice comments to hear about a couple of the more unheralded freshmen (Pride and Wilson).

Top Bottom