Zook & Tressel comments about 9 game schedule

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
The Zook-ster said: "It's going to cost (the conference) bowl berths. It's going to knock teams out of the postseason," Zook said. "And it could cost somebody their job."

Zook must be getting a bit nervous. The road to a bowl game may get a bit tougher for some. Zooks teams haven't had a sniff the past two seasons and this could mean his exit...IU, PU, Illini maybe a bit worried...I prefer Brewsters approach even if he may not be able to back it up. Zook in comparison sounds a bit whimpy.

From Millers blog: "Ohio State coach Jim Tressel criticized the idea on Monday, asserting that some of the Buckeyes' non-revenue sports may be in trouble if the football team can't schedule eight home games, as it has this year."

Come on Tressel. Get a grip. How much revenue does the football team need to generate?? I wonder how many eyes were rolling and throats were cleared after he made that ridiculous statement.

In a perfect world, I would like to see the BT play each other. And I think the fans would as well. After all we are in the same conference. Yet the coaches worry about their jobs and not being able to back into a 4th tier bowl game. Fans would rather watch a BT team versus some of the teams that fill up a schedule. If a team can't go .500 in their conference, they should not go bowling.

I know Brewster is all about competition and wants to play the best. That obviously is not the case for some of the BT coaches

Top Bottom