PG Phenom Tyus Jones Updates GopherHole on His Recruitment and Summer AAU

GH: Are you starting to hear your name being mentioned nationally? There were several articles about your play in South Carolina.

TJ: A little bit more nationally. The Peach Jam was a good thing for me. We played well down there. Hopefully, my name is being put out there more in the country and not just in Minnesota.

I know this is ridiculously early to be making judgments about where he is going to go...but that does not sound good. Another good interview, though. Thanks CM

GH: Are you starting to hear your name being mentioned nationally? There were several articles about your play in South Carolina.

TJ: A little bit more nationally. The Peach Jam was a good thing for me. We played well down there. Hopefully, my name is being put out there more in the country and not just in Minnesota.

I know this is ridiculously early to be making judgments about where he is going to go...but that does not sound good. Another good interview, though. Thanks CM

My exact thoughts as I read that part of the interview.

I would cut him some slack on this one. I talked to him before the interview about some of the articles from non-Minnesota writers, who seemingly had never heard of him before Peach Jam, so I think his repsonse was partly due to that.

Chris Monter

I would cut him some slack on this one. I talked to him before the interview about some of the articles from non-Minnesota writers, who seemingly had never heard of him before Peach Jam, so I think his response was partly due to that.

Chris Monter

I'm super psyched about this kid. I only saw him once last year, and if that one game was any indication, he's going to make the coaches at MN earn their allowance. I'll go out on a limb and say that he'll be seeing Jirsa, Tubby, Taylor, Saul and Esposito A LOT in the coming years.

I would cut him some slack on this one. I talked to him before the interview about some of the articles from non-Minnesota writers, who seemingly had never heard of him before Peach Jam, so I think his response was partly due to that.

Chris Monter

I had assumed a little bit of that was going on...coping with the national attention and being a little overwhelmed. Thanks again for the great interviews Chris; I don't mean to brown-nose, but you are an incredible addition to this site. He seems like an intelligent and driven kid and, no doubt, would be an excellent recruit.

Oh come on!
When we look at someone Tubby has offered, the first thing we want to know is who else is interested, what are his other offers. Jones is right to hope his profile rises.
Nice article.

There's no doubt that this kid is going to be tough to keep in MN. Barring injury, we could very likely be fighting the likes of UNC, Duke, UK, KU and MSU for this kid. I remember hearing that he's always been a big MSU fan - that's not good.

There's no doubt that this kid is going to be tough to keep in MN. Barring injury, we could very likely be fighting the likes of UNC, Duke, UK, KU and MSU for this kid. I remember hearing that he's always been a big MSU fan - that's not good.

He will be tough to keep, I agree, as was Cole Aldrich. The biggest difference though, is we have Tubby Smith these days.

I will not be too hard on Tubby though if we lose this kid due to the nature of his offers and he may just want the big name school, but I think we have a much better chance than we did at Cory Joseph.

Top Bottom