Brewster's presser

Big Ten Mind

Reaction score
What concerned me about Brew's approach yesterday was his speaking in the future tense..."we want to build X and we want to build Z" Hey, he's entering his 4th season and it should be more present tense like "we are doing X and we are building Z"

To his credit he targeted his remarks at potential high school recruits (Larry Fitzgerald camp talk and future non-conference opponents that bring "the spotlight" on the U.)

Smelling 6-6 but given the many unknowns on D who knows

Go Gophs!

Well the season hasn't started yet so you do want to build towards those things. I don't have a problem with what he said.

He was recruiting. He all but quoted Fitzgerald. If you don't think high school kids watch this, thats a mistake. And I also give him the nod as Best Dressed. This is his element. He talked about putting the spot light on the U, by bringing Top rated teams to Minneapolis. Who else even mentioned their schedule.

What concerned me about Brew's approach yesterday was his speaking in the future tense..."we want to build X and we want to build Z" Hey, he's entering his 4th season and it should be more present tense like "we are doing X and we are building Z"

To his credit he targeted his remarks at potential high school recruits (Larry Fitzgerald camp talk and future non-conference opponents that bring "the spotlight" on the U.)

Smelling 6-6 but given the many unknowns on D who knows

Go Gophs!

Just took a look at your posts. So an Iowa fan :cry: was 'concerned" about Brewster's Press Conference? Somehow I think Brewster will get over it and we should just hit the ignore button.

Just took a look at your posts. So an Iowa fan :cry: was 'concerned" about Brewster's Press Conference? Somehow I think Brewster will get over it and we should just hit the ignore button.

Iowa fan? Get a clue although I have a lot of respect for WI and IA and what they've accomplished over the past 20 years or so.

Brew looks the part - I hope by 2011 he wins 8 or more games has a deep squad to break that 40+ year Big Ten title drought.

8 or more wins in 2011? Well, I'm only concerned about how many wins Brew will get in 2010. I think 2010 is a lot more important than it seems to many other folks participating in this thread.

This is the 4th season for Brew. I hope he realizes that he needs to bring some trophys home this season. I am starting to get discouraged about some things going on in the football program. When, if ever can we expect to see 8 wins? I find it wierd to be mentioning 8 wins seasons in 2011 and Big Ten titles in the same sentence. I only care about the 2010 season. 2011 is too far away.

Brew needs 8 wins this year to save his job.....

Brewster needs 5 or 6 wins to keep his job. And a trophy game counts as 2. The USC game could count for 1.5

Brewster is lucky that he's playing for essentially a lame duck administration. No offense to Bruininks, who's retiring. As for Maturi, I'm 50/50 on that. Either way, unless Brewster really screws the pooch this season the preference would be for incoming prez (and hopefully new AD) to decide Brewster's fate. Now you could argue that Brewster had better win 8 games in 2011.

If trophy wins count as 2, he still needs to get to a minor bowl game. I can not see any combination five wins that will smell right to Gopher fans. I guess I can not imagine any combination of five wins that is possible (likely?) that would float. I don't care about USC at all, certainly not half of what any Big Ten win would count.

It may not smell right to Gopher fans, but we don't do the hiring or the firing. Now, if the big donors get sufficently disgruntled, then things have a way of happening.

It may not smell right to Gopher fans, but we don't do the hiring or the firing. Now, if the big donors get sufficently disgruntled, then things have a way of happening.

Exactly. I don't think holding on to the Zooker smelled right to most Illinois fans. I'm sure holding on to Hawkins didn't smell right to Colorado fans. But they are still there. Sometimes other factors win out. Put me in the camp that believes 5 wins is enough to keep Brew here for one more year. Whether that's the right move? I dunno yet. In the meantime I'm going to go for a glass half full approach and assume we can get to at least a crappy bowl game. :)

Top Bottom