Pacesetter Tourney - Hopkins vs. Apple Valley

mnhoopboy

Reaction score
Great matchup between two teams that look to be the two to beat this year in Class 4A. Joe Coleman was usual Joe (I think his play this summer has earned him a top 35-40 ranking by summer's). Chambers showed that he is as good a lead guard as there is in the Midwest and was much more aggressive in looking for his own shot. However, Tyus Jones has solidified himself as the top PG in the state regardless of class and will be very surprised if he is not in the top 10 nationally when the rankings come out for the 2014 class. Putting up 40 points against the state's best team as a rising freshman is nothing to laugh at. The kid is truly a special talent and it will be fun to watch his development the next four years.

Tyus put up 40 against Hopkins and he's not even in high school yet? I'm impressed

hopkins doesnt play D, not to belittle Tyus' huge game, but they rely on outscoring teams.

Actually Hopkins does play D...Novak is a great defensive teacher. When they play teams that are not athletic, they dominate on the defensive side of the ball. To say they don't play D just makes you sound petty and jealous.

have you ever actually played hopkins? I have play their teams since 8th grade and i'm now a student at the U. You can shoot all day long on them and theres nothing they try to do to stop you, they'll pound it down low if they have a big man, the rest is drive drive drive, fastbreak fastbreak fastbreak, outscore and mess around once your up by 20.

Well, no...I've never played against Hopkins. I guess I can't speak towards your experience, but I know that Novak puts quite a bit of emphasis on defense and I've seen it on the court. Maybe the teams you've played for didn't really grab the attention of Hopkins that warranted a strong defensive effort...I don't know, though.

Top Bottom