Scholarships for 2011?

BballJones

Reaction score
Can someone confirm for me as to how man scholarships we have for next year? I'm assuming 3 (Hoff, Nolen and White's), but I did notice that Sid Hartman said 2 in his recent column...which means we probably DON'T have 2 available.

Also, what would be best case scenario for who gets them? I'd really like to see them get Coleman for sure. It seems like they are really high on that Tharpe kid too. What does that leave us? Oglesby from Iowa? Travis from Chaska? I'm sure there are other players on the wish list, but not sure who. I was really hopeful that Jesperson would choose the Gophers - that sucked.

Can someone confirm for me as to how man scholarships we have for next year? I'm assuming 3 (Hoff, Nolen and White's), but I did notice that Sid Hartman said 2 in his recent column...which means we probably DON'T have 2 available.

Also, what would be best case scenario for who gets them? I'd really like to see them get Coleman for sure. It seems like they are really high on that Tharpe kid too. What does that leave us? Oglesby from Iowa? Travis from Chaska? I'm sure there are other players on the wish list, but not sure who. I was really hopeful that Jesperson would choose the Gophers - that sucked.

Gophers (current) roster lists 9 players - 7 on scholarship and 2 walk-ons.

Gophers signed 5 to NLOI (gauranteeing them scholarships) and added 2 walk-ons.

Gophers have 2 seniors on scholarship. Right now Gophers have 3 scholarships to offer.

Currently MN still has one scholarship available, I believe (The Royce White scholly).

Trevor is kind of under scholarship, I thought he got his release awhile ago, but will likely be back (I think).

And Oto is currently under scholarship, but if he is not ruled eligible, that may go away (but I suppose could come back next year if he gets eligible.

So next year could have a total of anywhere from 3 - 5 available scholarhips.

I'd imagine Tharpe and Colemen are the top two priorities, but I honestly don't know that for sure.

Take your pick, could be any of the following.

Three - Guaranteed
Four - Osenieks does not qualify
Five - Mbwake transfers

Take your pick, could be any of the following.

Three - Guaranteed
Four - Osenieks does not qualify
Five - Mbwake transfers

Five - Mbawke plays the 2010-11 season and enters the NBA draft.
Six- Out of state player gets Cobb's syndrome and transfers back closer to home.

I want to see Tubby recruit, recruit, recruit!

....Out of state player gets Cobb's syndrome and transfers back closer to home....

Based upon this summer's HP league posts in this forum, I've formed the impression that Maverick could be a likely candidate for that kind of move.

3-6 open schollys for the 2011 class.

Officially we have three, but are recruiting for an expected fourth. Even if Trevor plays this year, I think most expect that he will play one year of college ball no matter where he goes and then give professional hoopps a shot. There still is Oto's status and you never know if Devoe or Ralph may make an NBA attemp early. Unlike what we did with Cory which resulted in maverick, we need to be better prepared for the spring.

Thanks everyone.

What's the deal with Maverick? Has he looked overwhelmed at HP?

Top Bottom