For what it's worth.. Darnell Dodson

Reaction score
>John Calipari Practice is underway as we prepare for our Canada trip & I'm pleased with the energy everyone brought. I do want to let you all know that junior Darnell Dodson will not be playing for UK this season. If Darnell, who is academically eligible, decides to return, he could practice with the team if he meets our standards.

Since when does John Calipari and Kentucky have standards?

isn't Dodson the one that some have speculated may have been the assualter, and not Trevor Mbakwe?

isn't Dodson the one that some have speculated may have been the assualter, and not Trevor Mbakwe?

Dodson is 6-7 and 215. Mbake is 6-8 and 240. They bear some facial resemblance but I've not seen anyone name Dodson as involved in the alleged assault.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the victim originally state that her attacker was about 6'6" and weighed around 180 lbs??? However, I've never heard that Dodson was the attacker either.

Dodson is 6-7 and 215. Mbake is 6-8 and 240. They bear some facial resemblance but I've not seen anyone name Dodson as involved in the alleged assault.

It was mentioned in one of the Mbakwe threads, not from any media outlet, someone mentioned it could have been a different Miami-Dade player, and I believe the suggested person (only by a poster) was Dodson.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the victim originally state that her attacker was about 6'6" and weighed around 180 lbs??? However, I've never heard that Dodson was the attacker either.

That's what I had originally heard as well, and is why a poster suggested maybe Dodson, I will try and find the thread ... but it wasn't any kind of police or media allegation.

This was the exchange on GH about Dodson and Mbakwe that I was referring too.

I'm saying that yes he was in miami at the time of the attack on the phone after he walked home with friends to the complex he shared with them. Then I'm saying a month later when trevor was in mn, the girl called the police and reported she saw trevor when he was home in mn. She was getting him confused with his teammate multiple times.. the one who plays in kentucky.

Gotcha. Thanks. There was a roster with pictures that I saw and it looked like several of Trevor's teamates looked very similar. Tough question - Do you believe Dodson may have been responsible?

I actually cannot say.. but maybe that makes my opinion obvious lol. But there's definitely some interesting facts favorable to trevors case that are surfacing.

Thanks Scher. I realize it's difficult to judge height and weight sometimes, but Mbakwe looks like the Hulk compared to Dodson.

The woman described her attacker as approximately 6-6, 190 pounds.

As I have said before, Mbakwe looks nowhere near 190lbs. Then again, when this is happening you could get confused- He threw a punch, sending the Florida International University student to the asphalt. Dazed, Albanese struggled to her feet. He punched again, landing his second fist on her face, in the same place as the first. Albanese stumbled backward but didn't fall, more prepared this time for the blow. The attacker continued toward her.

If those comments were referring to Dodson being the attacker, I'm not sure how he could meet their standards after that.

This was the exchange on GH about Dodson and Mbakwe that I was referring too.

The woman described her attacker as approximately 6-6, 190 pounds.

As I have said before, Mbakwe looks nowhere near 190lbs. Then again, when this is happening you could get confused- He threw a punch, sending the Florida International University student to the asphalt. Dazed, Albanese struggled to her feet. He punched again, landing his second fist on her face, in the same place as the first. Albanese stumbled backward but didn't fall, more prepared this time for the blow. The attacker continued toward her.

Thanks for digging those pieces of info out - Scher and 98VQueens. I actually was telling my one of my girlfriends (who has not interest in sports) about Trevor's case, and the height and weight discrepancy. She brought up a good point, in that situation, I doubt that you can really make an accurate description. You're terrified, and probably just hoping to make it out of there alive.

Completely separate from that point - I've got a gut feeling that this is going to bode very well for Trevor. This is very fishy, you've got a kid that played and produced his sophomore year...and it's not academics, so you've got to think there's something else going on. What else could it be, if you rule him out for the year in August - but could possibly practice?

I would never want to accuse a kid of something like this ( I see how it's drug Trevor's name through the mud) - but I do believe, in my heart, that Trevor is innocent, and I do hope they charge the person that did do this if that's the case. This is through no inside knowledge, just women's intuition.

Dodson's issues are failing certain tests required of him, skipping classes and not taking his academic tutorials seriously coupled with a piss poor attitude. He has to earn his way back on the team because of this. I hope he makes it but I have my doubts.

In all seriousness, I think it's kind of shameful that some of you would throw a young man under a bus and try to pin a crime on him he's not charged with because your desperate to get another talented young man (who is charged with a crime) suited up for the Gophers.

Dodson's issues are failing certain tests required of him, skipping classes and not taking his academic tutorials seriously coupled with a piss poor attitude. He has to earn his way back on the team because of this. I hope he makes it but I have my doubts.

In all seriousness, I think it's kind of shameful that some of you would throw a young man under a bus and try to pin a crime on him he's not charged with because your desperate to get another talented young man (who is charged with a crime) suited up for the Gophers.

I didn't do that. He is 1 inch shorter and 25 pounds lighter than the other player. The two players DO bear some facial resemblance to each other but that's all. Dodson may be stupid or lazy but has not been accused of anything else.

I don't think that anyone has thrown him under a bus or tried to pin a crime on him. Seems to me that he kinda crawled under the bus himself by being such a "bad actor". It seems that he is only removed from Trevor's situation in Florida by a rebuttable identification based upon a late night highly emotional encounter.

Top Bottom