Devron Looking To Show Wisconsin Tonight

Blizzard

Reaction score
Actually, I hate to see stuff like this. We don't need another reason for Wisconsin to get pumped for this one tonight.

Devron Bostick had just finished playing a pickup game at St. Catherine's High School, his alma mater in Racine, Wis., last summer when his former basketball coach caught him leaving the gym.

"I told Devron, 'You only have one thing to do, one thing — you have to beat the Badgers,' " St. Catherine's coach Bob Letsch said.

Bostick, now a 6-foot-5 junior guard at the University of Minnesota, finally gets that chance tonight when the No. 18 Gophers (15-1, 3-1 Big Ten) play Wisconsin (13-3, 3-1) at the Kohl Center.

"I've been counting down the days since I got here," said Bostick, who is coming off a career-high 19 points in a 79-59 home victory over Penn State on Sunday. "It means a lot to get to play there."

The rest here -

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_11455672

I didn't think it was that bad. He basically has one quote that he was salty to get passed over out of high school by Wisconsin and another about how he's excited to go back and show them what he's about. Sure, the "they probably should have gotten me earlier" part wasn't totally innocuous, but I thought the worst quote, for bulletin board material, came from his high school coach. Who cares what the old coach has to say?

I hope all the guys have the same attitude about going into Madison that Devron has, at least the excitement and proving what they're all about part. As much as it hurts to say it, Wisconsin's been one of the lead dogs in the conference for the last decade and they have a great home court advantage. I want our team to be excited to go there and show Wisconsin that Minnesota is rising up and will provide games that those filthy reds will have to circle on their calendars every year.

Top Bottom