Puerto Rico

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Puerto Rico Tip-Off pairings announcement delayed until early to mid August, per tournament spokesman Missy Betres.

Is this a sign someone is pulling out?

My guess would be some of the participants are still finalizing their nonconference schedules, not necessarily the opponents but the game dates. Every year now it's taking longer and longer for the big schools to release their schedules. Very few have been released to this point, ditto the pairings for most of the major tournaments (Charleston Classic, Coaches vs. Cancer, CBE, Diamond Head, Legends, Maui, NIT Season Tip-Off, Old Spice Classic, Puerto Rico Tip-Off, South Padre Island, 76 Classic, etc.).

Can someone remind us of the schools participating in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off? Is this a Thanksgiving Tournament?

My prediction goes this way, which would give us UNC in the 2nd round should we survive WKU in the opener:

Gophers (3)-Western Kentucky (6)
Davidson (7)-North Carolina (2)

Hostra (8)-West Virginia (1)
Vanderbilt (4)-Nebraska (5)

Packages

Thanks for the website - There is a 'package' at the same hotel where the Gophers and most of the teams are staying. It's expensive ($180/night plus extra 'hotel expenses' for total of about $1500) and from what I see, does not include the flight. There is a meet and greet with the team and I believe a banquet of some kind...
Going on your own, flights can be booked for $300 and hotels (in Old San Juan) can be had for $75-100/night. Cab or bus to the event at Coliseo de Puerto Rico (this place looks great by the way)....Could be a good time if a few GH'ers want a bit of basketball thrown in with some old world San Juan.

My prediction goes this way, which would give us UNC in the 2nd round should we survive WKU in the opener:

Davidson (7)-North Carolina (2)

Hostra (8)-West Virginia (1)

According to Lincoln's Tuesday newspaper, it stated that even though official pairings were not set, fans puchasing tickets found out that Nebraska opens with Vandy and will play either Davidson or West Virginia in the second round.

According to Lincoln's Tuesday newspaper, it stated that even though official pairings were not set, fans puchasing tickets found out that Nebraska opens with Vandy and will play either Davidson or West Virginia in the second round.

So, if that's true, then I would guess I was almost right. I'll go this way:

Hofstra (7)-North Carolina (2)

Davidson (8)-West Virginia (1)

So, if that's true, then I would guess I was almost right. I'll go this way:

Hofstra (7)-North Carolina (2)

Davidson (8)-West Virginia (1)

I would think you are correct if the Nebraska article is right.

Top Bottom