Naadir Tharpe tells Chris Monter that Tubby gets his players to the next level

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please see the link below for GopherHole’s interview with Naadir Tharpe in Las Vegas. GopherHole’s newest contributor, Chris Monter, is in Vegas scouting and interviewing recruits. Monter is one of the most-traveled and networked recruiting analysts and his contribution to GopherHole is exciting.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1158

GopherHole’s newest contributor, Chris Monter

Did I miss the announcement? Did he leave Scout? Chris Monter is very well connected. Is he going to offer regular updates to us via Gopherhole? If so, major KUDOS!

Tubby And NBA Players

Tubby has had 21 players at Tulsa, Georgia, and Kentucky make it to NBA (or get drafted).

None (yet) at Minnesota.

Did I miss the announcement? Did he leave Scout? Chris Monter is very well connected. Is he going to offer regular updates to us via Gopherhole? If so, major KUDOS!

Consider this post the announcement! It literally just happened yesterday, and he cranked this great interview out. I'm excited to have Monter on GH - he has been a friend to GopherHole for many years, and has given us so many great contacts and leads...so it was a natural fit. We're very lucky to have him!

Great interview and excellent news! Big Mo is doing a bit of recruiting...gotta love that

Interesting Comments (Clipped)

Brewster Academy won the National Prep Championship and the New England Championship as they finished with a record of 35-5 last season.

AND

GH: Your coach at Brewster told me that you talked to incoming freshman Mo Walker about Minnesota. What did he tell you?

NT: He basically told me that the coaching staff is really good. Tubby Smith is a great guy. He gets his players to the next level. If I decided to go there, it will be a good look.

AND

Minnesota could have an edge in his recruitment, since they landed Brewster center Maurice “Mo” Walker in the late signing period, according to Smith.

“He gets along well with “Big Mo” Walker," Smith said. "I know that since Minnesota has reached out and contacted Naadir and extended an offer. I know that Mo and Naadir have spoken.”

Chris Monter on Gopherhole? Big time get, folks! Kudos! Also, I'd love to get this Naadir kid. We need a true point, and he seems like he fits the bill.

imagine what it would do to the people who are worried about our program. Land 4 star Tharpe and a position we sorely need. Land 4 star coleman, and land hoffarber 2.0 in Oglesby or Brogdon who is on his way to 4 star status. Tubby recruiting is all of the sudden not a problem. Although we do need a PF. I would also like to say i'm the newest member of the Big Mo Walker fan club, Mo you are a good player, and and even better recruiting chip for these guys at brewster academy.

imagine what it would do to the people who are worried about our program. Land 4 star Tharpe and a position we sorely need. Land 4 star coleman, and land hoffarber 2.0 in Oglesby or Brogdon who is on his way to 4 star status. Tubby recruiting is all of the sudden not a problem. Although we do need a PF. I would also like to say i'm the newest member of the Big Mo Walker fan club, Mo you are a good player, and and even better recruiting chip for these guys at brewster academy.

Two out of the three would be fine.

Tharpe Played At NBAPA Top 100 Camp

He was named one of the Top 10 PG at the camp by Hoopmasters.

Those are all IF... You could say the same thing the other way around. Imagine if we didn't land any of those players.

Like how he doesnt even mention ISU, cyclone fans will go crazy when they see that. Also like how he mentions the gophs first. :)

Him mentioning Minnesota right off the top and having to stumble to think of others is IMO a very postive sign.

First time in a while I remember us being mentioned first from an out of state player.

Him mentioning Minnesota right off the top and having to stumble to think of others is IMO a very postive sign.

Zagoria - Tharpe waiting to cut list

- “I don’t have any top schools,”

- The 6-foot, 170-pound Tharpe listed St. John’s, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Minnesota, Iowa State, Marquette, Providence and Oklahoma. “The only school that hasn’t offered is Oklahoma,” he said.

Brewster Academy won the National Prep Championship and the New England Championship as they finished with a record of 35-5 last season.

AND

GH: Your coach at Brewster told me that you talked to incoming freshman Mo Walker about Minnesota. What did he tell you?

NT: He basically told me that the coaching staff is really good. Tubby Smith is a great guy. He gets his players to the next level. If I decided to go there, it will be a good look.

AND

Minnesota could have an edge in his recruitment, since they landed Brewster center Maurice “Mo” Walker in the late signing period, according to Smith.

“He gets along well with “Big Mo” Walker," Smith said. "I know that since Minnesota has reached out and contacted Naadir and extended an offer. I know that Mo and Naadir have spoken.”

If thats an edge, I guess you would consider Ejim from Brewster starting his freshman year at ISU to be an edge as well. I mean, him and Tharpe have been rooming together for a couple years now. Then you have Brackins that came out of Brewster and the fact that Otzelberg has been up there almost monthly for the last 4-5 years.

I do find it interesting that the two main targets are the same for both schools. Hopefully Hoibergs dreamy eyes and "loaded cell phone" gets it taken care of.

Top Bottom