Recruiting: Phil Greene (2011)

Reaction score
I'd be curious to know more on Minnesota's current level of interest - there is some on Greene's part, although he's got interest to and from a lot of schools at this point, and seems fairly enamored with a couple of them, including Thuggins' program.

But, a guy to keep an eye on. 6'3" combo guard, probably best suited off guard... like most kids, is interested in an up-tempo team but also important to him is early playing time, a good coach and a stable program. I think the U may have some good selling points for this guy...

This past year in high school he played at Julian (Chicago) and had a few games around the year-end holidays here in the Twin Cities several months ago. AAU this spring/summer, he's been with Mean Streets, which means lots of people are getting good looks at him because his teammate is Anthony Davis.

Not sure what his current thoughts are re: the 2010-11 school year.. Loren Jackson was back coaching at Julian before a mid-season departure.. Jackson (also a Mean Streets asst coach I believE) will be down in Florida as head coach at IMG Academy this school year and Greene has had thoughts of going there for a year vs. Julian... don't know where that currently stands.

I'd be curious to know more on Minnesota's current level of interest - there is some on Greene's part, although he's got interest to and from a lot of schools at this point, and seems fairly enamored with a couple of them, including Thuggins' program.

But, a guy to keep an eye on. 6'3" combo guard, probably best suited off guard... like most kids, is interested in an up-tempo team but also important to him is early playing time, a good coach and a stable program. I think the U may have some good selling points for this guy...

This past year in high school he played at Julian (Chicago) and had a few games around the year-end holidays here in the Twin Cities several months ago. AAU this spring/summer, he's been with Mean Streets, which means lots of people are getting good looks at him because his teammate is Anthony Davis.

Not sure what his current thoughts are re: the 2010-11 school year.. Loren Jackson was back coaching at Julian before a mid-season departure.. Jackson (also a Mean Streets asst coach I believE) will be down in Florida as head coach at IMG Academy this school year and Greene has had thoughts of going there for a year vs. Julian... don't know where that currently stands.

The "Thuggins" comment is absurd. He's one of the Top 10 coaches in Div I.

Tubby "placed" a recruit at IMG in 2005 (Adam Williams) and signed another (Ramel Bradley) from IMG in 2004.

It HAS to be the highlight of the summer tournaments for the coaches, gotta be. I think in the one blurb Tubby had the whole staff out there watching the kid play, which is cool.

Top Bottom