Isiah Zierdon

Are we going to go after him? I hope we do, soon.

I agree with this sentiment, only from the UW perspective.

Poor kid is the Rodney Dangerfield of MN basketball. I predict he'll make Coach Smith look bad if we blow him off and he lands elsewhere.

Johnny, where did you hear this? I believe it's only interest at this point.

i think while zierdan will be a good, maybe great college player, we have targets that are way ahead of him. ex: Junior Lomomba, Ron Patterson, Cameron Bleisheid, JoVantae Hawkins i know there are some point gaurds in the mix as well.

Probably a stupid question but I don't follow the prep basketball in MN much, is this kid the son of the former Lynx coach/Gopher radio guy?

Probably a stupid question but I don't follow the prep basketball in MN much, is this kid the son of the former Lynx coach/Gopher radio guy?

Yes - Don Zierden is Isaiah's dad (former Lynx head coach, former assistant with the Pistons, TWolves... last summer left the Lynx to re-join Flip in Washington).

Obviously a very good man, as his son attends an incredibly fantastic high school.

Yes - Don Zierden is Isaiah's dad (former Lynx head coach, former assistant with the Pistons, TWolves... last summer left the Lynx to re-join Flip in Washington).

Obviously a very good man, as his son attends an incredibly fantastic high school.

Is that the one by the Grain Belt sign?

Also GW, I have to give you credit for not mentioning the spelling of both the first and last name of the young man. (I am CERTAIN you noticed it, that must have been tough) You led by example. Don Zierden is Isaiah's dad Back to the kid though, did he get an offer? JG says he did, Gold Vision says no. I hope he did.

i guess it depends who you believe and i believe the two people who said he had one.

The following is pasted from MN preps website, I do not have any first hand info.

"Isaiah has INTEREST from notre Dame...he DOES NOT have an offer."

"Coach Harris
Howard Pulley"

I know someone who heard it directly from Zierdon's dad and confirmed it with a Notre Dame assistant. It's clear they don't want it out for some resaon and who knows if there was some miscommunication like we had with Coleman and Tyler. Sometimes schools will make the offer to the AAU coach or program director, a high school coach, other times to a parent and other times to a kid directly. Some kids and families can't wait to promote ever offer a kid gets, others are much more guarded about it and don't like to comment on it.

From the Howard Pulley website:

"Friday, July 23
Pulley Panther players receive scholarship offers

By Errol Carlstrom

After participating in the Nike EYBL Peach Jam, our players have been busy receiving basketball scholarship offers: In addition to Minnesota and Colorado State, Joe Coleman received an offer from Iowa State; Isaiah Zierden from Notre Dame; Bretson McNeal from Idaho, and Siyani Chambers who received an offer from Santa Clara earlier, has now received one from Nebraska."

http://www.howardpulleybasketball.com/

Just noticed Chambers is ranked 15th for point guards on Rivals and 81st nationally. I know there was a ton of hype for him a year or two ago, but I haven't really heard much since then. What's our situation with him right now?

Without much inside information, I would guess Minnesota is waiting a bit on Chambers. Marcus Paige is a similar and better player, and Minnesota appears to be in the running for Paige. I would think they would wait to offer Chambers until they know something more about where Paige may be going.

I hope we don't do what we did with CJ and put all our eggs in one basket. Looks like a longshot to get Paige. If Chambers is really as good as his current ranking, (although I get the idea he's not from the people on here who have seen him play), I hope we won't rub him the wrong way by making it obvious he's not a top priority.

Without much inside information, I would guess Minnesota is waiting a bit on Chambers. Marcus Paige is a similar and better player, and Minnesota appears to be in the running for Paige. I would think they would wait to offer Chambers until they know something more about where Paige may be going.

Top Bottom