WTF is it with Trevor's trial? Now 8/23

Blizzard

Reaction score
I mean, I get frustrated with the constant delay. Honestly.

TRIAL HEARING SCHEDULED FOR 08/23/2010 AT 09:00

Sorry, I should have also added-

Does this have any bearing on whether he would transfer to Memphis?

This is getting ridiculous. It seems to me, that neither side wants to go to trial with this. Trevor's side is delaying in hopes the prosecution will drop it, and the prosecution is delaying hoping Trevor will just plea. Just a guess tho on my part.

As far as Trevor playing, he should be on the team again. TODAY.

Michael Vick got less punishment than Trevor has (relativley)

I really do not want to see Trevor transfer, as he is incredibly valuable to the team, but with that aside. He was suspended for an entire season. did absolutley everything maturi asked him too, kept his nose clean, went to class, etc etc etc there is nothing more that he could have done. IMO, he should be allowed to play immediatley after serving his year suspension and only be booted if found guilty.

If I recall, gopherfan 1 in one of her last posts, mentioned that the trial didn't even have a judge assigned to it at the time. Maybe now it does. Who effing knows? Unreal.

I think Trevor knew about this delay last week, so hence the sudden movement to transfer. He knows that if he's to transfer, he'll need to get enrolled in August. He's not sure if Maturi will let him back on the team, so Trevor is basically rolling the dice with Memphis instead of trusting Maturi. I can't really blame him. Maturi needs to make a final decision on Trevor immediately knowing his trial is in August. And chances are, it'll be delayed again.

So if the trial gets delayed again into the upcoming school year, is the defense going to have trouble (again) getting alibi witnesses to testify at trial - leading to more delays?

So if the trial gets delayed again into the upcoming school year, is the defense going to have trouble (again) getting alibi witnesses to testify at trial - leading to more delays?

that would seem likely. I doubt this trial ever happens. They ought to just ask everyone when they can be ready by and set the trial for June 20th 2014.

I think Trevor knew about this delay last week, so hence the sudden movement to transfer. He knows that if he's to transfer, he'll need to get enrolled in August. He's not sure if Maturi will let him back on the team, so Trevor is basically rolling the dice with Memphis instead of trusting Maturi. I can't really blame him. Maturi needs to make a final decision on Trevor immediately knowing his trial is in August. And chances are, it'll be delayed again.

I agree with this. It seems it is now time for Maturi to make the decision to clear Trevor stating he's a Gopher in good standing unless there is a negative verdict. It's an easy deal to justify- due process is taking too long, Trevor has done all he has been asked as a student and citizen since this happened. This is not to say Maturi has done anything wrong up to now but enough is enough.

I agree with this. It seems it is now time for Maturi to make the decision to clear Trevor stating he's a Gopher in good standing unless there is a negative verdict. It's an easy deal to justify- due process is taking too long, Trevor has done all he has been asked as a student and citizen since this happened. This is not to say Maturi has done anything wrong up to now but enough is enough.

Exactly. Essentially Maturi suspended Trevor for a season, and should now be fine to reinstate him and say he's good to go unless a seperate, unrelated, issue comes up or he is found guilty.

If I was in mbwake's position I would demand Maturi take a position on his status if the trial is delayed into another school year. I would demand to know exactly in what circumstances I would be allowed to play and when I would not be allowed. If anything other than found guilty of the crime prevented him from playing I would transfer whether the waiver is allowed or not. I really think its time for him to move on, this is not a good place to be for him.

beeg

+1

I agree.

If anything other than found guilty of the crime prevented him from playing I would transfer whether the waiver is allowed or not.

Even if it was Trevor's camp asking for the delays?

I'M NOT SAYING this latest delay was or wasn't at his request. Can any lawyer type figure out if a reason is given for this latest delay and tell us or point us to the evidence?

Very true. Unfortunately we know being decisive is not Joel's strong suit. My guess is Maturi will say say he needs to 'look into it', even though there's really nothing that's unknown at this time, Trevor will have had enough and he'll be gone.

Even if it was Trevor's camp asking for the delays?

I'M NOT SAYING this latest delay was or wasn't at his request. Can any lawyer type figure out if a reason is given for this latest delay and tell us or point us to the evidence?

They weren't. Trevor said it was delayed on the Judge's end, as he has some conference to attend or something - and this was the next available date.

Very true. Unfortunately we know being decisive is not Joel's strong suit. My guess is Maturi will say say he needs to 'look into it', even though there's really nothing that's unknown at this time, Trevor will have had enough and he'll be gone.

I'm starting to agree with others on this one, if Trevor gets his waiver granted he will be gone. If not he may be stuck here and Maturi will have to decided if he will let him play or stick to his guns and wait for the trial to be over. Who knows, maybe the trial will actually be take place on 8/23 and be over before the early November exhibitions games. Doubtful but one can hope.

On sports huddle show - maturi did say that he would probably change his policy towards Trevor and allow him to play if the court proceedings were again delayed!

"Would probably" Make up your mind Maturi before this kid makes up his.

Originally Posted by book
On sports huddle show - maturi did say that he would probably change his policy towards Trevor and allow him to play if the court proceedings were again delayed!

I didn't hear that part, but I did hear them ask about Tubby's contract extension (you know the one that's been in the works since March) and basically hmm'd and hawed about how he's working on new contracts for everyone, it's a difficult economy, etc. The fact that it takes them 4 months + to do a simple contract extension that takes other schools 4 days does not fill me with confidence that Joel will swiftly re-evalutate the situation in light of this new delay and tell Treveor he can/cannot play. Much more likely that by the time Joel 'decides' Trevor will be long gone.

I'm starting to agree with others on this one, if Trevor gets his waiver granted he will be gone.

Well, I guess Pastner didn't show up at Pulley last night without Trevor contacting him and letting him know his game time. I also think Trevor is likely gone at this point.

At this point it is probably best for everyone if Trevor goes elsewhere. This can't spill over into next season which it appears it will. We finally have closure on White and now we need it on Trevor. Oto is next.

Joel's lack of bb is beyond earthly. He would fit well in the White House corps. Someone should let Rahm Emanuel know that there is an indecisive, wishy-washy numbnuts out here who would fit right in with his crew.

This would be are very useful and enlightening thread if the decision to allow Trevor to play is Joel's decision. Unfortunately, it is not. We all should have learned that from the Royce White situation.

This would be are very useful and enlightening thread if the decision to allow Trevor to play is Joel's decision. Unfortunately, it is not. We all should have learned that from the Royce White situation.

Why does Joel keep saying he'll reconsider HIS decision if it gets delayed into the school year? If this is coming from above him he should say so. It's his call, and his call is to dither and only make a decision when forced to.

Have we seen anything similar to this out of the White House? Afghanistan supplemental troops? Oil spill? Response to Arizona?

Operational authority in the hands of a theoretician such as BO & JM seems to lead to dithering, indecisiveness and unwillingness to accept responsibility for lack of problem resolution. They just don't have the training, thought processes, motivation, focus or foundational principles that allow them to lead.

In this case it's just being a CYA bureaucrat that makes JM unable to do anything but prohibit goal oriented action.

He sleeps well at night while others suffer due to his inadequacies.

Notwithstanding the backlogs that are commonplace on trial court calendars, Trevor does have a right to a speedy trial and could have demanded one long ago and had this thing over with. There is some strategy in delay, one being the diminished memory of witnesses. But if Trevor would have really wanted this thing done with, he would have made his speedy trial demand, subpeona'd his alibi witnesses to compel their attendance and had it over with.

I'm no Maturi fan, but there are folks that think Royce White and Trevor are political prisoners, as if they were Venezuelans who had done nothing more than questioned Chavez on some point of order. Royce screwed up. In Trevor's case, there was probable cause to believe he committed this crime. In other words, either a judge, or a grand jury examined evidence and determined that Trevor may have committed this crime. He is entitled to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. However, he is not entitled to sully the U of M in the mean time.

Joel's lack of bb is beyond earthly. He would fit well in the White House corps. Someone should let Rahm Emanuel know that there is an indecisive, wishy-washy numbnuts out here who would fit right in with his crew.

Wow, what insite, did that make you feel better getting that shot!

Have we seen anything similar to this out of the White House? Afghanistan supplemental troops? Oil spill? Response to Arizona?

The political board you are looking for is on the FoxNews web site. This is a Gopher basketball board. Keep your political opinions to yourself please.

Jake - Are you all for the spineless position that Maturi exibits when it comes to accountability?

Jake - Are you all for the spineless position that Maturi exibits when it comes to accountability?

I see things differently from you, MN..AZ and we won't agree on Maturi.

But I do know that few people here want to hear your political opinions. If they did, they'd be over at FoxNews, not on a Gopher b-ball board.

Top Bottom