Gophers have enough depth?

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Some frightening statistics through 16 games:

Five Gophers have scored at least 20 pts in a game thus far;

Eight have scored at least 17 pts in a game

Eleven have scored in double figures;

And of course the announcers of the recent Gophers beat this stat to death: 11 Gophers are averaging at least 11 minutes per game.

The scary part: Only one of these is a senior (JAS) and he's averaging less than 9 minutes and less than 4 points a game in BT conference play.

I've maintained all season that NEXT season (and beyond) is when the Gophers will really make some waves but this season has been a really nice surprise. Still not quite sure where they'll end up when the regular season is over but it's been a fun ride so far.

I think next season the Gophers are going to be at the top of the BT and making serious headway in the NCAA, given all the players who can return do that! No early to draft players please!

I think next season the Gophers are going to be at the top of the BT and making serious headway in the NCAA, given all the players who can return do that! No early to draft players please!

That's another beauty of having a ton of depth CalMinnFan. It's really hard for a kid to get bloated minutes and bloated stats so that you get drafted early. The team concept reduces the exposure to that a bit.

You dont have to worry bout any players getting drafted early i dont think we have any. we mostly just have solid players.:D

DJ, Nolen and Colt 45 seem like the only potentially draft worthy players on the roster right now, and DJ and Nolen need to improve their J before they get a real look IMO and they're both a year away from that. Colt 45 has the potential but isn't consistent or strong enough yet IMO

Top Bottom