Notes from Peach Jam Tyus Jones / Joe Coleman

Reserve

Reaction score
Just thought I would throw this out there.

Also this tweet ..

Not a surprise to see Tubby Smith front and center for Tyus Jones. Taking on a nice BABC squad with some young guys of their own.

Tyus Jones, PG, Howard Pulley 16's- Only a member of the class of 2014, it's important to remember that this kid has yet to walk the hallways of a high school as a student. That said, the six foot floor general put on as impressive a display as we saw all day while going for 27 points and 11 assists to only one turnover as he led his team to a win over the Southern Kings. If he makes a pass, odds are the recipient is in scoring position, he can shoot from deep, plays with an unbelievable feel and poise. It's a safe bet he'll see a lot more coaches courtside the next time he hits the floor.

Joe Coleman, SG, Howard Pulley- Quietly, the 6-foot-4 shooting guard had an impressive day. A well built wing scorer, he has an excellent mid-post game, scores in transition and can call upon his athleticism to help him out of tight spots. His game is efficient and you don't have to worry about a ton of mistakes out of him.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1102300

http://twitter.com/ebosshoops

Sure hope they get Joe and Tyus sounds like he's something special. Thanks for the report and the link.

Jones, if things continue on this path, will be pursued by everyone who's anyone in college basketball. I would anticipate an incredible battle to keep him at the "U".

As Skitch said, the Gophers need to wrap up Coleman, no question. If he goes somewhere else, I will be seriously concerned about Tubby Smith and his coaching staff's ability to recruit.

Hoopmasters (Clipped) On Joe Coleman

Joe Coleman 6-3 SG ( Howard Pulley) – This aggressive slasher went off for 32 points and pulled down 11 boards in their 80-75 win over the New York Gauchos. He does most of his damage from 15-feet on in. He has handle to get to rim.

Joe Coleman 6-3 SG ( Howard Pulley) – This aggressive slasher went off for 32 points and pulled down 11 boards in their 80-75 win over the New York Gauchos. He does most of his damage from 15-feet on in. He has handle to get to rim.

Need a Gopher commitment from Coleman.

Joe Coleman, SG, Howard Pulley- For the second day in a row, Coleman was getting buckets and doing it with efficiency. A strong, 6-foot-4 athlete who can get to the rim, he was also knocking down jumpers and getting to the line regularly. He was good for 32 points against the Drew Gooden Soldiers on an impressive 13-16 from the field and he's pushing for four star status

I don't think warranted it's own thread but I saw this tweeted from Ryan James yesterday-

A college coach just told me that 2012 5 star Isaiah Austin, the second ranked player in his class, may move back to Minnesota.

7 footer with handles, a jumpshot, and athleticism. If he does come back to minny, and i would be surprised if he did, it would be nice to have a shot at him.

7 footer with handles, a jumpshot, and athleticism. If he does come back to minny, and i would be surprised if he did, it would be nice to have a shot at him.
He may move here, but based on his projections, offer list, and complete lack of any MN interest or communication; I would bet on me getting pregnant before he signs with the Gophers.

I'm a male by the way.

He may move here, but based on his projections, offer list, and complete lack of any MN interest or communication; I would bet on me getting pregnant before he signs with the Gophers.

I'm a male by the way.

Real close with his mom.. I don't know why he would move back to Minnesota, but if it was because of his mom... he might also want to stay if she's staying long term. It's a long shot, but maybe* slightly better odds than you getting pregnant (although I don't know you personally, so...)

Coleman

In case this board didn't know, there is a new player in the Joe Coleman sweepstakes...Iowa State. He was just offered a couple of days ago, and from what I understand, is a pretty good friend of RW.

Looks like there is a new wolf in the henhouse...Fred Hoiberg.

An update on Austin, from a Jeff Goodman tweet today:

"Scout.com has reported that one of the elite players in the Class of 2012, Isaiah Austin, will make his announcement today."

Go Gophers!!

An update on Austin, from a Jeff Goodman tweet today:

"Scout.com has reported that one of the elite players in the Class of 2012, Isaiah Austin, will make his announcement today."

Go Gophers!!

Baylor. Drew's done a really nice job down there in terms of program building (especially after that tragedy) and recruiting. He's sitting pretty with Quincy Miller as well.

Baylor. Drew's done a really nice job down there in terms of program building (especially after that tragedy) and recruiting. He's sitting pretty with Quincy Miller as well.

And he nearly got John Wall until Calipari coaxed him to UK instead.

Top Bottom