Prediction Per Week (July 12-18): Nice knowin' ya', Ames

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
In honor of Pick Per Day, now until the start of the Gophers' season I offer Prediction Per Week, a weekly offering designed to get us thinking about the the 2010-11 college basketball season. An attempt will be made to make at least some of the predictions "off the beaten path", so to speak. This one certainly has a local angle.

Prediction #2: After the NCAA denies his waiver request to play immediately, former Gopher recruit Royce White hangs around Ames for a little while (for appearances only) but eventually drops out of school (let's hope not something worse), ending his Iowa State "career" in a fashion Gopher fans recognize.

I predict that J-Strings will sing the National Anthem in Ames this season as part of the package that The Mayor offered Royce for his services.

Go Gophers!!

Have to admit, if the NCAA somehow decides to grant Royce his waiver, will definitely renew my cheapo ISU season ticket for the upcoming season. Would be worth the $100 to see him play a few times, see how he behaves on the court, presuming he can stay out of trouble off the court.

Top Bottom