FIRE Tubby!

gold04

Reaction score
Just kidding. I wonder if next year we might contend for a national title. We loose very few players and I think we'll get solid contributions from all four classes. It might be the deepest most balanced team we've ever had.

I dont think we have any real star players on the team this year. We have alot of solid players and a ton of depth but no real stars that carry this team. So we will be depending entirely on freshman to star for us.

I really think you need atleast 1 star on a team to contend. Can anyone think of a team that didnt have atleast 1 great player on the team?

White could really be a star next year but I will have to see it first.

I wonder if next year we might contend for a national title.

Let's get to the tournament this year and see what happens. Better yet, how about if we can beat Wisconsin at their place tomorrow. First things first.

I dont think we have any real star players on the team this year. We have alot of solid players and a ton of depth but no real stars that carry this team. So we will be depending entirely on freshman to star for us.

I agree that this current team doesn't appear to have that one star player who can take over a game, this year. However, I think it is too early to tell if we will have the same issue next year. Iverson and Sampson have a lot of potential and could develop into that type of player next year. Also, I think Carter could be that player. I personally haven't seen enough of him to know. I think there a number of players on this team that could step into that role next year.

Carter has "it" potential. Whether or not he can develop it to a consistent level is the big question.

I really think you need atleast 1 star on a team to contend. Can anyone think of a team that didnt have atleast 1 great player on the team?

White could really be a star next year but I will have to see it first.

The Gophers are doing well this year with no stars. Why not next year? They will be better because they will have gained experience by next year. This years freshmen made a big impact on the team. I look for next years freshman to make a similar contribution, but not take over.

I'm not sure we need a star. I think more than a star you need to be able to tighten up your rotation and elevate your play. We can't rely on wearing teams down deep in the T. They're just to good and motivated. And I don't think we get better with a tighter rotation. The balance is great during the regular season, not so in the T. To me that's a real problem. Now having said that, we have an awful lot of guys still finding their roles, we could be there by the T.

Devron Bostick = Bobby Jackson

There's your star for next year.

(well maybe not quite Bobby Jackson, maybe more like Vincent Grier)

Top Bottom