Tubby in ESPN.com Article

Good story in today. Seth Davis can stick it in the ear of his talking head.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3831817

Here's another Tubby mention and a side swipe at Gillespie in a related ESPN article (Pat Forde's column).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3831403

My favorite comments from Forde's column about Meeks 54 pt performance against Tennessee:

It was a startling transformation for a Tubby Smith recruit who languished in the Gillispie doghouse much of last year while averaging 8.8 points per game as a "streak shooter," in the words of his coach.

Meeks' injury was a sports hernia, but there were some within the program who wondered whether he was truly committed to playing through it. There was no questioning him once he suited up fully healed this season.

"When he came back in the fall he was something different," Gillispie said. "Not a streak shooter, but a great shooter."

A star-caliber shooter. Just what a flagging SEC needs.

C'mon. Every good Kentucky fan - the only real basketball fans there are - knows that the ESPN.com article is a joke, and that Tubby is only winning at Minnesota because of Dan Monson's players.

Drex96, I read that one, also, I thought both gave kudos to Tubby, shots at BG and some KY fans. Both good reading. Thanks, Drex

C'mon. Every good Kentucky fan - the only real basketball fans there are - knows that the ESPN.com article is a joke, and that Tubby is only winning at Minnesota because of Dan Monson's players.

you forgot to add the little blue guy.....:rolleyes:

Here's another Tubby mention and a side swipe at Gillespie in a related ESPN article (Pat Forde's column).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3831403

My favorite comments from Forde's column about Meeks 54 pt performance against Tennessee:

It was a startling transformation for a Tubby Smith recruit who languished in the Gillispie doghouse much of last year while averaging 8.8 points per game as a "streak shooter," in the words of his coach.

Meeks' injury was a sports hernia, but there were some within the program who wondered whether he was truly committed to playing through it. There was no questioning him once he suited up fully healed this season.
"When he came back in the fall he was something different," Gillispie said. "Not a streak shooter, but a great shooter."

A star-caliber shooter. Just what a flagging SEC needs.

Why does this strike me as amazing? Maybe it is because trying to play with a sports hernia would be incredibly painful? Just ask Matt Birk or Donovan McNabb! They could not do it and be reasonably effective! why should a college BB player who is constantly running!

Why does this strike me as amazing? Maybe it is because trying to play with a sports hernia would be incredibly painful? Just ask Matt Birk or Donovan McNabb! They could not do it and be reasonably effective! why should a college BB player who is constantly running!

Or Paul Carter -- didn't he have this problem last season at the JUCO level? Seems I recall something about a sports hernia in the game against MCTC last year...

Billy Gillispie is by far the best at developing guards as he did at Texas A&M and now at Kentucky. Last year he did amazing job with running Kentucky's offense through Joe Crawford and Michael Bradley. Before BG arrived at Kentucky these two guards were out of control and they ended their career with big blue fans' respect. It is great to see Wildcats' fighting with Kentucky pride till the final buzzer sound.

Go Cats

Typical KY fan response to this article. I could do without "big blue fans' respect" thank you.

Top Bottom