Klay Thompson (Mychal's son doing well)

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
I had no idea he was the son of Gopher great Mychal. Scores well for the Washington State team. I was reading an evaluation by Doug Gottlieb and he referred to Klay as such. (I didn't post it because it's ESPN Insider and didn't want to upset anyone) Gottlieb compares him to Evan Turner. Says he shoots it better than Turner and handles it just as well. Here's a different link with some stats. http://washingtonstate.rivals.com/bviewplayer.asp?Team=WASHST&Player=401589

Klay is the middle kid..

Older brother Mychel is a senior at Pepperdine.. averaged 11.8 pts and 5.0 boards last year and has started 84 games in his first three years..shoots only 35% from the field, though.. 6'7" forward.. actually a couple years older than Klay, I think.. all three kids went to the same high school, but Mychel prepped at Stoneridge (same spot Maverick prepped at this past year)

Younger brother Trayce played bball for awhile, but has stuck with baseball. Had signed an NLI with UCLA, but wound up being selected in the second round by the White Sux and signed... playing in the low-A league.. had a not-so-great start this season, and several weeks ago had thumb surgery -- which was expected to sideline him for 2 months.. but, a promising prospect that we may see in the AL Central (he's an outfielder) in three or four years. Pretty raw, probably not a lot sooner than that. A little shorter than his brothers, about 6'4"

Klay... RSCI #58 for the 2008 class... 6'6" gunner. Really had a rough season overall - he had some absolutely awful stinker performances this year - just couldn't get shots to fall. Opposition focused on him and that was part of it, but he was missing open shots a lot late in the season. Looked like it was getting to his head, hopefully for him and WSU he lets go of all memories of the rough second half of this past year...

Non-conf.. 13 games, 24.6 ppg, one of the top scorers in the nation.. 48% from the field, 47% 3FG...; Conference... 18 games, 16.1 ppg, 36% from the field, 29% 3FG... had a streak of 24 field goal misses in a row... 2/9 game, then a 0/12 game, followed up with a 2/14 performance.. it got brutal.

For what it's worth...
Evan Turner - 2FG % 3FG %
Fresh 86-163 52.8 23-69 33.3
Soph 182-359 50.7 11-25 44

Klay T. - 2FG % 3FG %
Fresh 91-213 42.7 68-165 41.2
Soph 124-276 44.9 76-209 36.4

Has pro potential, but not in the same convo as Evan Turner.

Top Bottom