Prediction Per Week (July 5-11): A Beach Party

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
In honor of Pick Per Day, now until the start of the Gophers' season I offer Prediction Per Week, a weekly offering designed to get us thinking about the the 2010-11 college basketball season. An attempt will be made to make at least some of the predictions "off the beaten path", so to speak.

I'll start us with our former basketball coach, now residing in the city of Long Beach, in a state that far & away employs the most fruitcakes per capita (see Mel Gibson, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Sean Penn, etc.) in this great country of ours.

Prediction #1: I see Dan Monson making his first appearance in the NCAA Tournament as the head coach of the Long Beach State 49ers. Monson has an experienced team returning, and again he has loaded up his nonconference schedule to prepare his 49ers for the Big West Conference season and beyond. Included on the 49ers' schedule are San Diego State, Clemson, Washington, Utah State, North Carolina and St. Mary's as well as possible games vs. Old Dominion and/or Xavier, all potential NCAA tourney squads. Monson's squad fell one victory shy of reaching the Field of 65 in 2009-10, losing a nail-biter to UCSB in the Big West title game. The 49ers will not fall short in 2010-11 in this the first season of the Field of 68.

Top Bottom