Gophers all time Juco Team

sweetpetegilcud

Reaction score
The sad news about Ray Williams evokes thoughts of some great Juco players through the years:

First Team
Bobby Jackson
Ray Williams
Vincent Grier
Clyde Turner
Ron Behagen

Second Team
Travarus Jackson
Roland Brooks
Jerry Holman
Dennis Shaffer
Bob Nix

(After a 3 plus year hiatus, I had to re-register, hence it appears that this is my maiden post)

I think you have to find room for Al Nuness on the list.

Go Gophers!!

Oh my.....

lots of room for argument.

Al Nuness for sure over half those guys....Eric Hill his running mate wasn't bad either, and doesn't Ollie Shannon hold the single game scoring record?

Have you people ever heard of Dick Garmaker ??

Interesting post

The sad news about Ray Williams evokes thoughts of some great Juco players through the years:

First Team
Bobby Jackson
Ray Williams
Vincent Grier
Clyde Turner
Ron Behagen

Second Team
Travarus Jackson
Roland Brooks
Jerry Holman
Dennis Shaffer
Bob Nix

Very nice post ... my comments:

1. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another college with a better history of JC players. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

2. I don't believe Eric Hill was a JC transfer ... he played varsity for the Gophers as a soph, junior and senior.

3. Ollie Shannon shares the single game scoring record (42 points) for the Gophers with Eric Magdanz.

4. Dick Garmaker averaged 21.6 as a junior, 24.2 as a senior at the U, then went on to become an NBA All-Star.

How about Mark Landsberger, Allan Hancock Junior College, California? What J.C. did Garmaker go to? (Just curious)

JUCO

On my 12 man roster there would be a spot for J'son Stamper and his lunch box

John Wiley won a Big Ten Championship

3. Ollie Shannon shares the single game scoring record (42 points) for the Gophers with Eric Magdanz.

Ollie was fun but he made Chris Humphries look positively unselfish. Almost as much fun as seeing him hit a long shot was watching Bill Fitch chew on him during timeouts. I'm sure Jim Brewer would be higher on the scoring lists if he hadn't played with Ollie Shannon.

Good corrections

I definitely just spaced out Ollie. Definitely a first teamer. And of course I meant Bennett not Jackson. I thought about Wiley, Clark and Stamper. Just didn't make cut. Also thought about Bob Murphy, Kim zurcher, Carl Dale and Terence Williams.

Top Bottom