Rivals Top 100 for 2012 - 7/5/10 Update

love his play, reminds me of derek fisher everytime i see him. I hope 3 things, 1. He grows 2 inches, 2. He developes a trey ball. 3. He gets an offer from the U of M

On another note, I'm surprised to see Tokoto all the way down at 32. What gives?

On another note, I'm surprised to see Tokoto all the way down at 32. What gives?

Has had some showings that weren't 'remarkable'... didn't score much at all at the NBPA Top 100 Camp... one of the younger cats there, looked really off at times.

Regardless, I think he's better than 32 and he'll be just fine. Should probably stay close to home for college!!

BTW - a little interesting? Antonio at ny2lasports.com said, "6-6 2012 SF Jean-Pierre Tokoto is not expected to play in any tournaments during the early part of the July “live” evaluation period. He is not injured, but the word on the street as of today is that he will not be playing during the early part of the period."

The Gophers need to lock Chambers up. He has great poise and plays with a chip on his shoulder. If he grows a few more inches, look out.

Has had some showings that weren't 'remarkable'... didn't score much at all at the NBPA Top 100 Camp... one of the younger cats there, looked really off at times.

Regardless, I think he's better than 32 and he'll be just fine. Should probably stay close to home for college!!

BTW - a little interesting? Antonio at ny2lasports.com said, "6-6 2012 SF Jean-Pierre Tokoto is not expected to play in any tournaments during the early part of the July “live” evaluation period. He is not injured, but the word on the street as of today is that he will not be playing during the early part of the period."

Thanks.

3 from Wisconsin, and 3 from Iowa?

2012 top 150.

I keep an eye on the rankings and Minnesota and Wisconsin usually are similar each year. Unfortunately we have only 1 player listed and Wisconsin has two. Another bummer is Iowa even has 3? How often does that happen. Is it a down year? Or just a good year from our neighbors?

If the Hawkeyes are to return to Big Ten relevancy, this might be their best chance with a new coach and some outstanding talent at the prep level coming up in the next few years. There are four kids in the Rivals 2012 Top 100 who play with Iowa-based AAU teams. All have Iowa offers:

#29 - PG - Marcus Paige, Marion (IA) (Gopher offer)
#86 - C - Adam Woodbury, Sioux City (IA) (Gopher interest)
#90 - SG - Wesley Staten, Sioux City (IA)
#98 - PG - Mike Gessell, South Sioux City (NE)

In addition, one of the top national kids in 2013 is Peter Jok of Des Moines (Gopher interest).

Fred Hoiberg will have a say about some of these kids, too, and ISU could become a factor in the Big XII.

Also, the SF from St. Louis - Cameron Biedschield - is ranked #59. He recently said that MN was recruiting him the hardest of any school, although no offer yet.

#16 - SG - Gary Harris of Indiana has a Gopher offer.
#32 - SF - JP Tokoto of Wis has a Gopher offer.
#51 - C - Willie Cauley of Kansas has Gopher interest (strong K-State lean).
#55 - C - A.J. Hammons of Indiana has a Gopher offer.
#65 - SG - Ron Patterson of Indianapolis has a Gopher offer.
#81 - PG - Siyani Chambers of Hopkins has Gopher interest.
#91 - PF - Cinmeon Bowers of Milwaukee has Gopher interest.

Wisconsin has 3 actually in the top 100!

The 2012 class in Wisconsin looks to be very good. There are actually four kids that Rivals has among their top 100:

-JP Tokoto is #32
-Cinmeon Bowers is #91 (he re-classified from 2011)
-Phillip Nolan is #92
-Arroyo Edwards is #97

The best scout/reporter covering Wisconsin preps is Mark Miller from the Wishoops.net site. He actually has Nolan, Bowers and Edwards ranking #5, #6 and #7, respectively, in his rankings of in-state kids. Wing Junior Lomomba is #2 according to Mark, and UW commit Sam Dekker is #3.

I am rather curious about this too, even more so when you look at the following as a group:

"6-6 2012 F Darrell Bowie is expected to play with the Illinois Rising Stars program during the month of July. They will be competing in the Next Level Invitational July 6-9, 2010.

6-9 2012 F/C Phillip Nolan will play the month of July with the D.T.A. program. They will participate in the Adidas Invitational July 6-8, 2010 before competing in the NY2LASPORTS.COM Summer Jam July 12-15, 2010.

6-6 2012 SF Jean-Pierre Tokoto is not expected to play in any tournaments during the early part of the July “live” evaluation period. He is not injured, but the word on the street as of today is that he will not be playing during the early part of the period."

All three were/are members of the 16U Wisconsin Playground Warriors squad.

I actually live 5 minutes from Tokoto in a town just north of where he goes to high school in Menomonee Falls. Fans from our school seem to speculate a lot about him being over-rated but much of that is rival hate and how he's underperformed when he plays us. But there's no doubt in my mind he's a top player, he can run the floor up and down like an Evan Turner, handles, power, speed, athleticism. He really needs to work on his outside jumper but as a slasher right now he's as good as it gets, still a 5 star and top 20 player for me.

We played him in the sectional final playoff game this year and this was the highlight as well as watching Roy Williams chuckle after the miss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSnr0FYAjk0

I actually live 5 minutes from Tokoto in a town just north of where he goes to high school in Menomonee Falls. Fans from our school seem to speculate a lot about him being over-rated but much of that is rival hate and how he's underperformed when he plays us. But there's no doubt in my mind he's a top player, he can run the floor up and down like an Evan Turner, handles, power, speed, athleticism. He really needs to work on his outside jumper but as a slasher right now he's as good as it gets, still a 5 star and top 20 player for me.

We played him in the sectional final playoff game this year and this was the highlight as well as watching Roy Williams chuckle after the miss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSnr0FYAjk0

Germantown? You should make it out to Mequon a few times over the next few weeks.. the Milwaukee Pro-Am starts up this Saturday at Homestead HS...

Milwaukee Pro-Am Rosters

Holy-Molly! Four stars already!? No way...
Good for him though! That's great.
I don't want to hear anyone say that a player doesn't have a good rating because it's too early though. This just proves, if you're good, they'll notice, no matter what age.

Top Bottom