New player to keep an eye on: 2012 Cameron Biedscheid

andrew wiggins played Hopkins and Henry Sibley? When/Why? I never knew or heard of this. Tubby should be giving this kid a hell of a look. Imagine a Recruiting class with him and Tyus Jones. :)

Great spring and summer for him, quite a player, lots of schools are very interested in him. Kid is legit.

Saint Louis has offered; plenty of other Big Ten schools checking him out (Illinois, II-II, Wisconsin)... not to mention Tenn, Marquette, UCLA, on and on.. He's got some AAU teammates (St Louis Eagles 16s) that are nice looking young players as well. Biedscheid did his thing at the Sabes a couple of months ago.. but has impressed on just about every court he's played on this summer.

I won't be getting my hopes up.

Great spring and summer for him, quite a player, lots of schools are very interested in him. Kid is legit.

Saint Louis has offered; plenty of other Big Ten schools checking him out (Illinois, II-II, Wisconsin)... not to mention Tenn, Marquette, UCLA, on and on.. He's got some AAU teammates (St Louis Eagles 16s) that are nice looking young players as well. Biedscheid did his thing at the Sabes a couple of months ago.. but has impressed on just about every court he's played on this summer.

Biedscheid played very well at the Sabes. Tough player on the wing.

Wiggins played here in the Augsburg Holiday Tournament. While his HS team disappointed in the tourney, he played well for an 8th grader. At age 13 he played up on the Grassroots Canada 16s last year. Not 100% sure but I think he may make an appearance here with Grassroots Canada in the Pump N Run tourney coming up July 13-15 (along with a truckload of other talented teams).

On tc hoops czar's website he shows the Rivals latest top 150, which some posters might want to get a look at. Joe Coleman dropped from #104 down to #111. http://tchoops.blogspot.com/

So stupid, rivals is just dumb. I believe they also had Josh Shelby as the top 2010 recruit over Barnes and Sullinger. If Coleman is 65 in the country on espn, and yes I realize they aren't the BEST resource, but at least they seem to know what their talking about.

So stupid, rivals is just dumb. I believe they also had Josh Shelby as the top 2010 recruit over Barnes and Sullinger. If Coleman is 65 in the country on espn, and yes I realize they aren't the BEST resource, but at least they seem to know what their talking about.

They seem to know what they are talking about because you like what they are saying...;)

They seem to know what they are talking about because you like what they are saying...;)
ha, good one BGF:D

Go Gophs eh, if Rivals is dumb, check out Scout on that other thread "little 2011 recruiting update" if you haven't already. It's "dumber."

Biedscheid played very well at the Sabes. Tough player on the wing.

Wiggins played here in the Augsburg Holiday Tournament. While his HS team disappointed in the tourney, he played well for an 8th grader. At age 13 he played up on the Grassroots Canada 16s last year. Not 100% sure but I think he may make an appearance here with Grassroots Canada in the Pump N Run tourney coming up July 13-15 (along with a truckload of other talented teams).

I realize this post isn't about Wiggins but I went to that Augsburg tourney and he was very impressive for an 8th grader. I wasn't expecting that much even though he led his team in scoring up to that point but on about the 3rd possession of the game they ran a set with a back pick for him and he got a nice alley oop dunk and then shortly after that the 7 footer from Sibley that is going to some smaller D1 school went up for a dunk and Wiggins was right there to block it clean. I can't remember his stats for the game but he had a pretty good game overall.

with regards to ESPN, Scout, and Rivals, I think ESPN has by far the best talent evaluation in basketball and football and I give there rankings and evals the most credibility, but they haven''t decided yet if they are going to invest the money it will take to compete with Scout and Rivals so right now they don't offer enough content to be a serious threat. I don't like Scout and I think they are very inferior to Rivals although I have some major issues with them too, but overall they have the best as far as recruiting updates and player information, there rankings and stars are very iffy and it's all political and slanted to teams and sites with large fansbases. We have it pretty good locally with Nadine, Monter, James, and Czar does an excellant job as well.

I think most understand to take it all with a grain of salt. After watching Austin Hollins about four times this summer and in workouts, there is no way this guy wasn't among the top 75-100 players in the country, but in the end it doesn't matter except to a few who get so caught up in stars and rankings.

with regards to ESPN, Scout, and Rivals, I think ESPN has by far the best talent evaluation in basketball and football and I give there rankings and evals the most credibility, but they haven''t decided yet if they are going to invest the money it will take to compete with Scout and Rivals so right now they don't offer enough content to be a serious threat. I don't like Scout and I think they are very inferior to Rivals although I have some major issues with them too, but overall they have the best as far as recruiting updates and player information, there rankings and stars are very iffy and it's all political and slanted to teams and sites with large fansbases. We have it pretty good locally with Nadine, Monter, James, and Czar does an excellant job as well.

I think most understand to take it all with a grain of salt. After watching Austin Hollins about four times this summer and in workouts, there is no way this guy wasn't among the top 75-100 players in the country, but in the end it doesn't matter except to a few who get so caught up in stars and rankings.

Bob Gibbons is less active with All-Star Sports (recruiting service) nowadays but he ranked Hollins #133 going in HS senior year and #149 in his final rankings. Those are the highest that I've seen Hollins ranked. I think Top 100 is where he belonged but teammate Todd Mayo took a lot of the press last season.

Alex Schwartz @ Northstar Basketball says Biedscheid plans to visit Minnesota and Notre Dame in the near future...

Top Bottom