Isaac Oeltjen

washgopher

Reaction score
I see this kid from Red Wing (7'1") just signed with Boise State. They say he was injured his senior year and sat out of school since graduating last year. Since they provided no stats on him I'm guessing they weren't too impressive. Also, why don't you at least attend classes while healing for sports. Maybe waiting for a scholly? BSU basketball is awful and will be the worst in the Mountain West Conf, so he'll probably see a lot of PT. Anyone got any info I can pass on to Vandal fans about him?

I know a guy who has worked with him for several years and is very high on him. Late bloomer who had some injuries and has filled out a lot over the past year. He sat out during the past year getting his knee fixed and hoping for a scholarship.

He played his junior year on the JV, and early in his senior season his knee problem popped up again. Didn't play AAU because he didn't know much about it and hadn't really shown enough for teams to come after him. They finally figured out his knee problem, and surgery corrected a ligament. They couldn't do surgery until he stopped growing, though, so he just had it done last winter, after his senior year of HS.

During his year off he filled out considerably. Before the surgery he didn't have any interest from DI coaches, but he has received a lot of interest since showing coaches he is healthy, bigger and improved. South Dakota, SDSU, Northern Iowa and California-Riverside were interested, as well as Iowa. I think a couple of those schools offered, but I'm not sure who.

Top Bottom