Royce White to visit Iowa State on Weds.

So much for him saying he'd never play for another school. I still don't see him lasting long enough to actually play anywhere. No way he'd sit around for a year to play for Iowa St.

So much for him saying he'd never play for another school. I still don't see him lasting long enough to actually play anywhere. No way he'd sit around for a year to play for Iowa St.

I think he genuinely didn't want to play for anyone but the Gophers, but if that can't happen he can't just quit basketball and throw his future away. Unfortunately it looks like playing for another team is something that he is going to have to do for his own good, whether he wants to or not.

Iowa St Makes Sense

He has to be a walk-on (ineligible for scholarship) the first semester anyway.

ISU is close to Twin Cities so White could get back to MOA to pick up something if he needs it.

I've heard Ames has a vibrant hip-hop scene.

Can someone please fast forward the Royce saga to 2015. Wait, there still is no resolution. Imagine that. Yawn!

He has to be a walk-on (ineligible for scholarship) the first semester anyway.

ISU is close to Twin Cities so White could get back to MOA to pick up something if he needs it.

I agree, that was funny.

Royce, there is no MOA near Iowa State bro.

How dare you disparage the North Grand Mall!

It has over 50 name-brand stores, specialty boutiques, restaurants and service providers!

I can't imagine Hoiberg dealing with Royce. Royce is bascially the Anti-Hoiberg. Plus, like someone said above, Royce is going to go to school for a full year before playing ball??? No way that happens...

Per a Marcus Fuller tweet this morning-

was told Royce White didn't visit Iowa St on Wed. ISU coaches like most coaches will be out recruiting next week. So now is time to visit.

Royce's let's pretend world

I get the feeling Royce is living in his own little fantasy world. Do Baylor, Iowa State and Kentucky know "they're interested in him"? Just because he says they are doesn't mean it's true. It appears even the slickest of the slick (Calipari) is keeping Royce at arm's length.

Marcus retracts-

I previously heard different, but Hopkins coach Ken Novak just told me that he and Royce did in fact make the trip to Ames yesterday

I can't stand the drama! The fate of the free world is in the balance!

Stop the madness.

Per my sources, Royce did visit the Iowa State campus. It worked out great, since Walker Lee Ashley was also visiting Ames, and so they were able to ride together.

To all those who say that there is no way Royce will sit a year and then play basketball: what are his alternatives?

It may seem unlikely that he sits a year, but to capitalize on his great basketball skills which have the potential to bring him millions of dollars, he has very few options and sitting a year in college is the easiest one.

To all those who say that there is no way Royce will sit a year and then play basketball: what are his alternatives?

It may seem unlikely that he sits a year, but to capitalize on his great basketball skills which have the potential to bring him millions of dollars, he has very few options and sitting a year in college is the easiest one.

The easiest option available was to comply with what the Gopher athletic program wanted from him - patience and good behavior. If RW couldn't even wait for his trial to be over before bailing out of school, how is he going to be able to sit out for a year without getting into trouble? He couldn't do that in Minnesota for a few months. I really hope he does try to reach his potential, and maybe that potential will land him some millions of dollars, but it just doesn't seem like Royce has the drive and dedication that is necessary to reach the next level of play.

The easiest option for Royce would be to schedule a meeting with Tubby, tell Tubby that he has re-valuated his situation and would like to rejoin the Gopher BB Team under Tubby's terms. Unfortunately that ship has sailed. I don't think the light will ever turn on for this young man.

FWIW, Royce showed up to tonights Howard Pulley league wearing an Iowa St t-shirt...

The easiest option available was to comply with what the Gopher athletic program wanted from him - patience and good behavior. If RW couldn't even wait for his trial to be over before bailing out of school, how is he going to be able to sit out for a year without getting into trouble? He couldn't do that in Minnesota for a few months. I really hope he does try to reach his potential, and maybe that potential will land him some millions of dollars, but it just doesn't seem like Royce has the drive and dedication that is necessary to reach the next level of play.

Blah, blah, blah, I am so tired of hearing about Royce's past (no offense to you, I am just so tired of it and tune out anytime anyone talks about his issues). I am talking about Royce's options moving forward starting now.

FWIW, Royce showed up to tonights Howard Pulley league wearing an Iowa St t-shirt...

Royce White craves our attention. The more we give it to him, the more he craves it. This is all about Royce White, not the Gophers basketball program, Tubby, you and I as fans.

Lets not give it to him. Let him go to Ames, IA. The limelight is much more dim there. Careful what you wish for Royce.

I think we had a 'predict what the kid will be wearing at the SAL tonight' contest, 99% would have expected this. For all the 'drama' involving him, he's actually a very predictable young man.

Top Bottom