Pulley Day 6

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
Mbakwe- Does everything, Dunks, layups, assists, blocks, rebounds, made most all of his free throws.
Hoff- had like 5 points, his game was a little off tonight, but he still plays smart ball and solid D.
Royce- only caught the first half of the game, they were getting slaughtered. Royce was his oldself tonight from what I saw, rebounding at crazy levels, prolly 10 just in the first half. Ballhandling was fine tuned, playing point foward a lot and doing a good job with a couple of laser passes. Only thing was that again he looked out of shape, but his shot and ballhandling were noticibly better.

Does anyone know why Devoe and Mo Walker aren't showing up?

Sometimes kids have conflicts with class, at least that has been the case in the past. It's not unusual for Gopher players to miss several of their Pulley games.

Mbakwe- Does everything, Dunks, layups, assists, blocks, rebounds, made most all of his free throws.
Hoff- had like 5 points, his game was a little off tonight, but he still plays smart ball and solid D.
Royce- only caught the first half of the game, they were getting slaughtered. Royce was his oldself tonight from what I saw, rebounding at crazy levels, prolly 10 just in the first half. Ballhandling was fine tuned, playing point foward a lot and doing a good job with a couple of laser passes. Only thing was that again he looked out of shape, but his shot and ballhandling were noticibly better.

Does anyone know why Devoe and Mo Walker aren't showing up?

I believe that Devoe is trying out/playing for the Canadian National team. As for Mo - no clue. I know he is on campus and in school. Has anyone seen Al Nolen yet -if not, why is he not playing? (sorry if this has been addressed, my Hole time has been very minimal).

As for Trevor - I completely agree. I can't imagine how hard he worked in the season to not lose a step, and continue to get bigger and better.

As for Royce - This was the worst I've seen him play. I'm not going to rip into the kid - as he couldn't be any nicer to me - but this is not the Royce I've watched for the past 4 years or so. I thought he was very sloppy. I only saw the 1st half, but he wasn't as successful driving to the basket, got the ball stolen a few times, just not what he is capable of.

However, it is summer league, and his team seemed like they were kind of a mess - so I have no idea how much was the chemistry, vs him.

As for who was impressive in that 2nd game, Carlos Emory. This is the 2nd time I've seen him play in the past few weeks, and my attention has been drawn to him in both games.

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_roster.cfm?sid=4&collegeid=1310&slid=2&category=Roster

He's a JUCO - and I have been gone so much and so out of the loop, I have no idea how much interest Tubby has in this kid, but man - he is athletic and I would love to see him in maroon and gold. Check him out at Pulley some night to see for yourself.

I believe that Devoe is trying out/playing for the Canadian National team. As for Mo - no clue. I know he is on campus and in school. Has anyone seen Al Nolen yet -if not, why is he not playing? (sorry if this has been addressed, my Hole time has been very minimal).

As for Trevor - I completely agree. I can't imagine how hard he worked in the season to not lose a step, and continue to get bigger and better.

As for Royce - This was the worst I've seen him play. I'm not going to rip into the kid - as he couldn't be any nicer to me - but this is not the Royce I've watched for the past 4 years or so. I thought he was very sloppy. I only saw the 1st half, but he wasn't as successful driving to the basket, got the ball stolen a few times, just not what he is capable of.

However, it is summer league, and his team seemed like they were kind of a mess - so I have no idea how much was the chemistry, vs him.

As for who was impressive in that 2nd game, Carlos Emory. This is the 2nd time I've seen him play in the past few weeks, and my attention has been drawn to him in both games.

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_roster.cfm?sid=4&collegeid=1310&slid=2&category=Roster

He's a JUCO - and I have been gone so much and so out of the loop, I have no idea how much interest Tubby has in this kid, but man - he is athletic and I would love to see him in maroon and gold. Check him out at Pulley some night to see for yourself.

If not Royce coming back to play I would love to see Emory playing for the gophs. Ill take him over Shelby Moats anyday. And Nolen has played in 2 games, both games he scored over 20. Hopefully next year we land Emory.

If not Royce coming back to play I would love to see Emory playing for the gophs. Ill take him over Shelby Moats anyday. And Nolen has played in 2 games, both games he scored over 20. Hopefully next year we land Emory.

I would like to have Emory either way! Thanks for the Nolen info - I haven't kept up. Just glad to see he's still playing. I know Westbrook disappeared last summer to work out and reappeared as Skinny Westbrook...glad that's not happening with Nolen ;).

I believe he had class/studies the other evening, but if he makes it tonight we could see Nolen vs Rundels... nice match-up.

GopherLady, you may have answered your own question in regard to Emory simply by linking the Howard roster. Carlos' high school is listed as "GED". Given the struggles with getting athletes admitted to the University of Minnesota, I would guess that it would be an extreme long shot to ever see Carlos in the maroon and gold.

Carlos was kind of playground legend of sorts in the minnesota basketball "community". I believe Burnsville and Eastview we're two of the schools he attended, maybe Kennedy as well, i can't remember anymore. His legend as just as big time a dunker as Rodney was something that most of us who had never seen him didn't believe since Rodney is a one in 10 years type athlete but carlos is pretty close. He is much stronger and a better shooter. There we're many stories as to why he was never eligible and I don't know the real answer but those who know him say he's alot more mature and takes school more serious than he did a few years ago, so who knows. Minnesota is aware of him but I think alot will depend on what happens with Coleman, Jesperson, and Oglesby. if we get two of those guys like we want, then i don't think there is room, but if we miss, then it's a possibility.

Carlos was kind of playground legend of sorts in the minnesota basketball "community". I believe Burnsville and Eastview we're two of the schools he attended, maybe Kennedy as well, i can't remember anymore. His legend as just as big time a dunker as Rodney was something that most of us who had never seen him didn't believe since Rodney is a one in 10 years type athlete but carlos is pretty close. He is much stronger and a better shooter. There we're many stories as to why he was never eligible and I don't know the real answer but those who know him say he's alot more mature and takes school more serious than he did a few years ago, so who knows. Minnesota is aware of him but I think alot will depend on what happens with Coleman, Jesperson, and Oglesby. if we get two of those guys like we want, then i don't think there is room, but if we miss, then it's a possibility.

Yeah - I have no idea how a GED came about - but that's the thing, kids can change a lot from the time they're in HS to a year or two out...for the better or worse. If he just gets through JUCO and admitted into a school, I say he'll be fine. Out of the past 10 years, I want to say Nolen was the only player that suspended for grades...they put a really tight watch on the players, and give them every tool they can. Plus, it's not like most of them are taking an aerospace engineering curriculum.

I just know Emory has impressed me when I've seen him play.

Random Question sort of...just want some clarification so I don't end up way off base. Is this the proper address to get to the Pulley games? Thanks!

375 St Anthony Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55103

P.S. And the admission is still free, correct? I've made a lot of empty promises, I hope the answers come back in a positive fashion.

Random Question sort of...just want some clarification so I don't end up way off base. Is this the proper address to get to the Pulley games? Thanks!

375 St Anthony Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55103

P.S. And the admission is still free, correct? I've made a lot of empty promises, I hope the answers come back in a positive fashion.

401 7th Street West
St Paul, MN 55102

Yes admission is free.

Yeah - I have no idea how a GED came about - but that's the thing, kids can change a lot from the time they're in HS to a year or two out...for the better or worse. If he just gets through JUCO and admitted into a school, I say he'll be fine. Out of the past 10 years, I want to say Nolen was the only player that suspended for grades...they put a really tight watch on the players, and give them every tool they can. Plus, it's not like most of them are taking an aerospace engineering curriculum.

I just know Emory has impressed me when I've seen him play.

If they can keep Jerry Holman eligible then they can keep anybody eligible. Not sure how Nolen screwed it up.

Top Bottom