The hits keep coming for Iowa

Most believe this open scholarship will now be offered to Oglesby.

I know that Iowa is a proud institution with many fine alumni, but it's hard to imagine why any basketball player would want to commit to them right now. They have a severely undermanned team, massive roster turnover, a new coach, and appear to be a lock for at least one or two more seasons of getting blown out in a largely empty arena. And those will be the home games.

you know it's bad when andrew brommer is being listed as an experienced post player.

Reading just a little bit on Basabe, it looks like he could be a nice addition for the Hawkeyes-he's following McCaffery from Siena, getting out of that original commitment.

That being said, as fan of Ray already said, you have to take summer league with a grain of salt; but I would think you really have to take Iowa summer league with a full shaker of salt. Not exactly the fertile grounds of basketball talent in the country.

If Fran is any kind of recruiter, which most say he is, this is a lucky break for him. Cougill was never going to be a great Big Ten player. This just lets him open up another scholarship that would have been used for the next 3 years by Cougill. I was hoping Cougill would be there for his full term.

I know that Iowa is a proud institution with many fine alumni, but it's hard to imagine why any basketball player would want to commit to them right now. They have a severely undermanned team, massive roster turnover, a new coach, and appear to be a lock for at least one or two more seasons of getting blown out in a largely empty arena. And those will be the home games.

Don't forget; immediate playing time in the Big Ten Conference can be an enormous draw for LOTS of kids, especially the non-elite.

There are plenty of kids coming that would love to head to Iowa City for this reason alone.

Top Bottom