"Boarder" Battle?

Am I missing something? Is that supposed to be some kind of a play on words? Or did they just screw up?

Good stuff. Good stuff. Someone should email this to Reusse so he can fill some time tomorrow.

How can this dept make so many mistakes?

It would be unpossible for me to make that many misteaks

I know I'm stretching here, but maybe the person who wrote the headline was trying to make a clever little play on words and used "boarder" to infer that this game would not only be a "border battle" but it would also be a "battle on the boards" -- thus a "boarder battle." Maybe???

I know a stretch, but just trying to come up with some explanation.

I know I'm stretching here, but maybe the person who wrote the headline was trying to make a clever little play on words and used "boarder" to infer that this game would not only be a "border battle" but it would also be a "battle on the boards" -- thus a "boarder battle." Maybe???

I'd buy that, if only they hadn't changed it on their website since we brought it up...

Is this part of our new plan with Wisconsin to cher facilities?

That's what I thought too. It seemed semi-lame, but OK in the realm of sports headlines. They should have left it alone and everyone would have just dismissed it as another acceptably goofy sportswriter pun. Now it's an embarrassment. Not earthshaking to be sure, but weird.

Top Bottom