HP tonight?

very light crowd. Rodney had a couple of really nice dunks in transition, one nice put back where he just went up higher than the other 4 guys going for the rebound. He hit a couple of 3s. Had a block or two. I don't really remember any glaring turnovers or anything bad. He did put the ball on the floor to try to get to the rim a couple times. Good game

Rodney had 'Sunshine' on him... he drove a couple of times, got fouled once, I believe he missed both free throws and the other time the lane closed on him and he bobble-dished it off. From what I saw he hit zero outside shots. Yes he had a couple great dunks, thats expected.

Trevor had a ruff night, Johnny Gilbert and their big center that came off the bench played him pretty physical. Last year Trevor owned Johnny, but this year Gilbert is in much better playing shape.

After hearing people praise Dawson's 20pts I was curious if he had figured something out... Nope. He has no hands and a wrestlers shot. Good kid? Yes. D1 player? No.

What? haha The above post says the exact opposite of the first post? Did Rodney hit some threes and drive or not?

Not the exact opposite.

He did put the ball on the floor to try to get to the rim a couple times.

I elaborated on the above comment- he drove a couple of times, got fouled once, I believe he missed both free throws and the other time the lane closed on him and he bobble-dished it off.

From what I saw he hit zero outside shots- If Minnesconsin said he hit two threes, then he probably did, maybe I was getting a hot dog.

Personally I want to see Rodney work on his mid-range jumper, not just fire up deep 3's.

I don't have a clue about what kind of year Rodney will have for the Gophers. Last year he was only a freshman. Can't blame him if he didn't set the world on fire. But, if he doesn't have a good season this year he won't be the first great athelete who was not a great basketball player. If he can't learn to shoot then he has to go to what he does best. Block shots and clean up around the basket.

Top Bottom