2011 Recruiting more interesting now

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
So with Joe Coleman now a 4 star, Jesperson will eventually be a 4 star by the end of the season I would think, and Oglesby an underrated player, if the gophers land all of them and a PF, are we a top 25 recruiting team? and is Tubby Smith earning our praise again? One last thing, does anyone have a list of all of the players we've offered for next year? :D

So with Joe Coleman now a 4 star, Jesperson will eventually be a 4 star by the end of the season I would think, and Oglesby an underrated player, if the gophers land all of them and a PF, are we a top 25 recruiting team? and is Tubby Smith earning our praise again? One last thing, does anyone have a list of all of the players we've offered for next year? :D

Coleman = best Sr in MN. Jesperson = best Sr in WI. Oglesby = best Sr in IA. Who cares about How Many Stars? Each is a quality player worthy of Big 10 scholarship.

One last thing, does anyone have a list of all of the players we've offered for next year? :D [/QUOTE]

PS yes, Tubby Smith and Gopher coaches have such a list. I doubt they'll share it. Only they know.

I'd focus less on the star ratings and more on who we are recruiting against. The hypothetical class you mentioned lacks a PG, and we need a really good one in this class unless Maverick is the biggest of sleepers. If the Gophers got a pg who could get in the lane repeatedly and an athletic PF to go along with Coleman and Jesperson, things would be back on track.

Oglesby plays some point, maybe Tubby could transition him to the point full time? i don't really know if there are any good PGs to recruit or that we already are recruiting.

Oglesby plays some point, maybe Tubby could transition him to the point full time? i don't really know if there are any good PGs to recruit or that we already are recruiting.

Tubby likes point guard with a lot of quickness and capable of putting a lot of pressure on opposing guards to force turnovers. That ability is probably one of Oglesby's weaknesses, so I doubt that will happen unless we have no other choice. I'm sure Oglesby would be a quality shooting guard though.

Tubby likes point guard with a lot of quickness and capable of putting a lot of pressure on opposing guards to force turnovers. That ability is probably one of Oglesby's weaknesses, so I doubt that will happen unless we have no other choice. I'm sure Oglesby would be a quality shooting guard though.

He recruited Kirk Hinrich HARD at UK - and was in his Top 3 choices.

He recruited Kirk Hinrich HARD at UK - and was in his Top 3 choices.

Hinrich is an underrated athlete and a stellar defender. He was on the NBA All-Defensive team in 2007. Not sure what Hinrich has to do with Oglesby, though.

Not that it really matters, but can you send me a link to where it says Coleman is a 4 star. This LINK is all I am getting

Not that it really matters, but can you send me a link to where it says Coleman is a 4 star. This LINK is all I am getting

Uh oh, one of the recruiting sites doesn't have him rated up to BigGopherFan's standards. :eek:

ESPN has him at #65, which essentially makes him a 4-star.

Uh oh, one of the recruiting sites doesn't have him rated up to BigGopherFan's standards. :eek:

ESPN has him at #65, which essentially makes him a 4-star.

What? I was simply curious where it was stated that he was a 4 star because he's a 2 star on Scout.com and 3 star on Rivals from what I have found. I'm sure I'm missing something because I don't think he would lie about him being a 4 star prospect.
And by the way, being ranked No. 65 on ESPN does not make him a 4 star. ESPN does not use stars. It uses a ranking system 40-100. He's a 96, which is really good. But you can't call him a 4 star talent unless he has been given 4 stars. i don't think there would be many people who would disagree with that.

What? I was simply curious where it was stated that he was a 4 star because he's a 2 star on Scout.com and 3 star on Rivals from what I have found. I'm sure I'm missing something because I don't think he would lie about him being a 4 star prospect.

I think he's referring to ESPN, where he was just rated at #65, which would be a 4-star if they did star ratings. Scout will raise his rating before too long.

And by the way, being ranked No. 65 on ESPN does not make him a 4 star. ESPN does not use stars. It uses a ranking system 40-100. He's a 96, which is really good. But you can't call him a 4 star talent unless he has been given 4 stars. i don't think there would be many people who would disagree with that.

Why does it matter that they don't do star ratings? #65 falls in that 26-100 range (4-stars on Rivals). What's the difference if the images of stars show up or not?

Why does it matter that they don't do star ratings? #65 falls in that 26-100 range (4-stars on Rivals). What's the difference if the images of stars show up or not?

THAT'S WHAT I SAID ORIGINALLY!!!! Unreal how this *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# just gets out of hand.

ESPN gives 97 or 98 pts for Top 25 players. Rivals calls them 5 Star players.

ESPN gives 95 or 96 pts for Top 26-100. Rivals gives 4 Stars.

Neither (pts nor stars) matters.

Top Bottom