Joe Coleman at #65 in ESPN top 100 list

Wow...talk about shooting up the charts! That didn't take long...we better lock him up ASAP.

Well its plain to see hes a top 100 player, anyone at the Pulley game saw him dominate, he even Defended Royce in the post and held him to like 4 points.

This is one guy Tubby needs to get. I will not be a happy Gopher fan if he ends up elsewhere. I think we've been through enough lately with this team.. It's time for some good news.

Does anyone have any info on how hard they have been recruiting Coleman as of late? It seems like I haven't heard any updates in his recruitment since last December.

Does anyone have any info on how hard they have been recruiting Coleman as of late? It seems like I haven't heard any updates in his recruitment since last December.

I would hope he is the number 1 target for 2011. I also hope the things that happened last year do not impact his recruitment, somehow I think it might.

If he grew a couple of more inches and ends up in the 6'5-6'7 in range he could be really dangerous. He might end up being a target of the Dukes and North Carolina's.

I would hope he is the number 1 target for 2011. I also hope the things that happened last year do not impact his recruitment, somehow I think it might.

If he grew a couple of more inches and ends up in the 6'5-6'7 in range he could be really dangerous. He might end up being a target of the Dukes and North Carolina's.

I think you're right about the off court problems, any one would look at that and say thanks, but no thanks. Last year was horriffic, but i'm glad its almost over. Coleman did look taller as well at HP. He was a legit 6'4" going on 6'5".

dont have a subscription what does it say? should we be worried?

For those of us who don't have subscriptions, could you summarize the article about ISU and Coleman?

I dont think we need to be too worried about Coleman, everyone takes visits and it is part of the process most recruits will take. Until he says ISU is the favorite I will consider MN to be the favorite since he is a hometown kid and just about everyone in his family has gone to the U for sports.

Until a program like Kentucky or UNC offers Coleman, I am not "worried" about him going elsewhere, just disappointed that the staff hasn't locked him down.

For those of us who don't have subscriptions, could you summarize the article about ISU and Coleman?

Sorry about not giving you more background on this. I'm relatively new at this and I just got scolded on an ASU site for quoting a rivals.com article on Jahii Carson.

Here's a summary of how things went for him during his day in Ames: Asked about what he did on his visit to Iowa State?

He arrived there about three o'clock in the afternoon and was shown the new practice facility which was 'really a nice place'. After that he played with some of the players and enjoyed the experience.

Coach Hoiberg showed them around campus, where the players stay when they are at school and 'Hilton Coliseum which was really nice'. The coach talked about how he would use him as a player and about helping him achieve goals after college.

Overall Joe reported a good experience and expressed his desire to return to check it out in the fall when the campus is full.
Joe has scholarship offers from Creighton, Colorado State, Minnesota, Iowa State, Seton Hall, and Santa Clara and added an offer from Siena in the past week.

He's not sure about his decision timetable but intends to definitely talk things over with his family over the next few weeks and is considering potentially setting up some official visits for the fall.

That's the jist of what the article contained. IMO, based upon everything that I've read on this guy, I think that he's Tubby's to lose and it seems doubtful that any amount of pushing will rush his decision.

(Now watch some school talk him into a verbal this week) JUST KIDDING

Sorry about not giving you more background on this. I'm relatively new at this and I just got scolded on an ASU site for quoting a rivals.com article on Jahii Carson.

Here's a summary of how things went for him during his day in Ames: Asked about what he did on his visit to Iowa State?

He arrived there about three o'clock in the afternoon and was shown the new practice facility which was 'really a nice place'. After that he played with some of the players and enjoyed the experience.

Coach Hoiberg showed them around campus, where the players stay when they are at school and 'Hilton Coliseum which was really nice'. The coach talked about how he would use him as a player and about helping him achieve goals after college.

Overall Joe reported a good experience and expressed his desire to return to check it out in the fall when the campus is full.
Joe has scholarship offers from Creighton, Colorado State, Minnesota, Iowa State, Seton Hall, and Santa Clara and added an offer from Siena in the past week.

He's not sure about his decision timetable but intends to definitely talk things over with his family over the next few weeks and is considering potentially setting up some official visits for the fall.

That's the jist of what the article contained. IMO, based upon everything that I've read on this guy, I think that he's Tubby's to lose and it seems doubtful that any amount of pushing will rush his decision.

(Now watch some school talk him into a verbal this week) JUST KIDDING

Thanks for the summary, truly appreciated - it isn't plagiarism if somebody summarizes an article, right? That actually eases my mind a bit. Saying there are nice facilities and arenas at ISU seems like something a tourist might say of the place...or I could just be hopeful. I am really excited about JC, though. Hopefully Tubby can wrap him up by the fall, it'd be nice to lock down a top 100 to start off the '11 recruiting class as it might entice some of the other talents out there to join up.

Thanks for the summary, truly appreciated - it isn't plagiarism if somebody summarizes an article, right? That actually eases my mind a bit. Saying there are nice facilities and arenas at ISU seems like something a tourist might say of the place...or I could just be hopeful. I am really excited about JC, though. Hopefully Tubby can wrap him up by the fall, it'd be nice to lock down a top 100 to start off the '11 recruiting class as it might entice some of the other talents out there to join up.

Let's all be realistic about Coleman though before we are all sure he's the best fit for '11. He gets to the rim pretty well in AAU and High School. His shot is still a concern although improved. He's maybe 6'3 with shoes on and hasn't had to play a lot of defense so I'm not sure about that aspect. He's a good athlete but he's far from a sure thing. I could see Coleman under Hoiberg really progressing as far as jump shot etc. The Big 12??? might be a better fit for Coleman's skill set.

Curious as to why this board is so high on Coleman yet very quiet about Ross Travis who is ranked about 10 spots lower? Anyone have thougths on Travis?

He's maybe 6'3 with shoes on and hasn't had to play a lot of defense so I'm not sure about that aspect.

I think you're right about the off court problems, any one would look at that and say thanks, but no thanks. Last year was horriffic, but i'm glad its almost over. Coleman did look taller as well at HP. He was a legit 6'4" going on 6'5".

I can assure you he is not 6'-4". His game is still mostly 15' and in from the hoop, which doesn't bode well for a 6'-3" guy in the Big Ten.

I've heard and read the Ross Travis is more like the older Coleman. He has small forward skills, but not aggressive and dissapears for long stretches.

actually coleman diffenately looks like he is 6 4, he stood next to singleton and was clearly only about an inch shorter

actually coleman diffenately looks like he is 6 4, he stood next to singleton and was clearly only about an inch shorter

The suposition here is Marvin is 6'5". Marvin is closer to 6'3 sans shoes than 6'5. Which would make Coleman about 6'2" or so which I'd buy having seen plenty of them both this past year.

The difference with and why Marvin will be successful at UNI as he is relentless and certainly more physical than most bb players. Coleman isn't nearly as physical and loves the open court. Not sure that is a Gopher strength.

^ i beg to differ, chip and rodney must not have the same traits as coleman

Joe is plenty physical for an off guard. He takes it very hard to the hole and gets fouled a lot. Physicallity (to use an espn word) is the least of my worries with Joe. I would say he is closer to 6'3" than 6'5" though. That part I agree. But even 6'3" isn't that short for a big ten off guard, not with his athleticism, which is above average.

Top Bottom