Impressions/Players to watch from first Pulley game.

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
Royce White was in the building, he looked good, but very rusty (jumpshot, ballhandling). No idea if there is any truth to the Kentucky signing, but I hope he plays for the gophers one day.

Joe Coleman was impressive, He made 1 or 2 threes, and ball handling looked a lot better, some monsterous dunks and slashes to the hoop. Probably had over 20 points.
Isiah Zierdan was also impressive knocking down 4 threes? thats NBA threes by the way. Great defense, some hustle plays, even put a spin move on Royce and knocked down a three as White looked on. Tubby should offer him as soon as he can, around 15-20 points tonight.
Marvin Singleton, fearless, does a little bit of everything, if he developes some perimeter skills, who knows could be a B10 player. Think Draymond Green.
Chambers, yes I don't know how to spell his last name, ran things for the Pulley squad, Fast, assist machine, great defender, fearless, he had a 6'11" player running at him on a fast break and without flinching stole the ball right out of his hands at the basket. Only thing his game could use is a three point jumpshot and 2 or 3 inches.

Anyone else's thoughts of these players or the games in general?

I am a real Marvin Singleton fan. He is very strong and has an impressive game against much taller opponents. He is listed at 6' 6". But I noticed he didn't appear to be much taller than Joe Coleman who is listed at 6' 3". That's a problem he would have to overcome as a forward in the Big Ten. But, as far as him becoming a Gopher goes... man there has to be a place on the team for this kid!

Anyone know how tall he really is?

Coleman is a tremendous athlete, I was never a big fan of his brother, I like his game much more. At one point Joe was outlet on a fast break, Colman and Royce were equal at half court... the result was a powerful dunk as Royce watched from just behind the basket. Royce was rusty and slower then last year, but he played well for being off the court so long.

Zierdan really impressed me last night. Not just a set shooter, but a guy who can drive to the hoop and create his shot from outside if needed. A couple of inches shorted then desired, but he has such a quick release he can get his shots off over taller defenders. He really gets down and plays hard D as well.

The leading scorers for El-Amin Fish House were Royce White 22, Isiaha Thomas 21and Steve Neal with 16 points. The leading scorers for the June Miller team were Joe Coleman 23, Bretson McNeal 22 and Marvin Singleton 13. -from Steven

Zierdan really impressed me last night. Not just a set shooter, but a guy who can drive to the hoop and create his shot from outside if needed. A couple of inches shorted then desired, but he has such a quick release he can get his shots off over taller defenders. He really gets down and plays hard D as well.

The leading scorers for El-Amin Fish House were Royce White 22, Isiaha Thomas 21and Steve Neal with 16 points. The leading scorers for the June Miller team were Joe Coleman 23, Bretson McNeal 22 and Marvin Singleton 13. -from Steven

I'm biased when it comes to BSM, but Zierdan looked very good in the first half.. those scoring totals can't be quite right, as I counted at least 15 from Zierdan in the first two quarters alone (4 from behind the line, 1 the hard way). For a moment it looked like JM Time might make a game of it when Zierdan got it going... But, he and others slowed down some in the second half.. took a lot of shots... just weren't falling after the hot start. A 2012 though.. a quick 3 inch growth spurt would be great.

Singleton.. 6'4"-6'5"?

Top Bottom