Oto's situation...

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what exactly is going on? Do they mean 50/50 for summer school, or 50/50 he will ever play for the gophers?

right now he is having problems with the NCAA due to his schooling before he came to the US, not that uncommon for most international students. it's really hard to predict what the ncaa will do. opinions are split on whether he will get cleared to play.If they don't, i would guess another year at prep school would be likely or a juco. he could always come back in the future but his status on nexts years team is in doubt right now.

Wow

What else can go wrong right now. The recruitment the past year has been frustrating (mostly due to player decisions). Tired of the drama. I hope this gets cleared up.

Wow

What else can go wrong right now. The recruitment the past year has been frustrating (mostly due to player decisions). Tired of the drama. I hope this gets cleared up.

I think the drama is actually pretty minimal here. As Johnny indicated, this is situation normal for international students. We should have expected this, and I suspect the coaching staff probably did. I hope he is cleared and plays, but if not so be it.

Transcript evaluation is more difficult than many people think. School to school is hard enough. Adding in the country to country factor and let's call it the most thankless job at the NCAA.

I asked tubby about this situation on friday night, his thoughts were he does not think he will be cleared for school. He had 2 different transcripts so its not looking good he said.

after watching these guys, i think people are going to be very suprised by the new kids, especially hollins. Ellison has very good long term potential and a really nice shooting touch, Walker is huge but needs to lose weight. I was a little worried about Mav after Pulley but I feel much better now, he may never be a star but he's got some talent. Trevor was there and is a force, Halvorson and Stark also playing. Oto was only team member not on the court.

Top Bottom