This is how Rondo was when playing at UK

The-Real-Truth

Reaction score
Before everybody say this, I know that a player can have a bad night every now and then. However, with this guy, it was very much like this when he was at UK. He couldn't make his FT. He would take stupid shots after shots. He, by himself destroyed UK and Tubby's reputation. He was a part of #1 recruiting class in the nation. Those of you who keep saying that Rondo did not develop in college will never see him develop in NBA either. He is a JA. He may have a few good games but that's all. You can tell that I was waiting for a game like last night.

Go Gophers

Before everybody say this, I know that a player can have a bad night every now and then. However, with this guy, it was very much like this when he was at UK. He couldn't make his FT. He would take stupid shots after shots. He, by himself destroyed UK and Tubby's reputation. He was a part of #1 recruiting class in the nation. Those of you who keep saying that Rondo did not develop in college will never see him develop in NBA either. He is a JA. He may have a few good games but that's all. You can tell that I was waiting for a game like last night.

Go Gophers

Rondo led UK to within an eyelash of FF appearance as a freshman but his soph year was not as good.

I think Rondo will continue to develop into a very high quality PG in NBA. He had an off night.

Rondo is one of the top 5 PGs in the league. Start with the fact that he can play defense. He had a decent college career, not spectacular but not horrible either. I can think of a lot of guys who were unbelieve in college but are benchwarmers in the league. How good a guy is in college doesn't dictate how good he will or will not be in the league. He's young give him a change to continue to get better

Rondo is one of the top 5 PGs in the league. Start with the fact that he can play defense. He had a decent college career, not spectacular but not horrible either. I can think of a lot of guys who were unbelieve in college but are benchwarmers in the league. How good a guy is in college doesn't dictate how good he will or will not be in the league. He's young give him a change to continue to get better

Defense is what he learned from Tubby in college. You are right, he is there because of his defense. When you go on the UK board, some of those losers continue on bashing Tubby and say that Rondo was the same player as he was in HS. The truth is that if he was that good, he would have gone to NBA from HS but he didn't because he needed to be developed by a coach like Tubby. Patrick Sparks was the man in that team. Rondo had to benched for his poor FT shooting. Yes, he is young but he thinks that he is much better than he is. He was lucky that he didn't face Rose again this year. Rose and Wall will show him what a good PG is.

Go Gophers

Who cares? Players develop at different rates and times in their basketball career. Much of that growth is self-inspired coupled with good guidance.

I can think of a lot of guys who were unbelieve in college but are benchwarmers in the league. How good a guy is in college doesn't dictate how good he will or will not be in the league.
Hello Adam Morrison.

Has he ever even put on a jersey in the NBA yet?

Defense is what he learned from Tubby in college. You are right, he is there because of his defense. When you go on the UK board, some of those losers continue on bashing Tubby and say that Rondo was the same player as he was in HS. The truth is that if he was that good, he would have gone to NBA from HS but he didn't because he needed to be developed by a coach like Tubby. Patrick Sparks was the man in that team. Rondo had to benched for his poor FT shooting. Yes, he is young but he thinks that he is much better than he is. He was lucky that he didn't face Rose again this year. Rose and Wall will show him what a good PG is.

Go Gophers

I am a huge bulls fan, thus love Rose, but Rose can't play defense to save his life. As an overall pg, Rose has a lot to work on. He is an unbelievable passer and can get to the rim at will, but he doesn't have a J and I can't think of one scoring guard that he slowed down. When they played the Cavs in the POs, he didn't even guard Mo Williams (Kirk did).

All I know is if Rondo is as good of a player as people say, he wouldn't have completely disappeared in the 4th quarter tonight...

All I know is if Rondo is as good of a player as people say, he wouldn't have completely disappeared in the 4th quarter tonight...

Great point. It was his stupid shot that shifted the momentom. During the timeout, Doc River said,"I don't want a hero out there. Trust your teammates". I have a feeling that he was talking to Ronda. He wasn't even looking at him because he is above all. Yes I know, he made a 3 after that but by that point, Lakers have got their confidence back. This kid is like our Westbrook, A Cancer.

Go Gophers

Top Bottom