Izzo Staying at MSU

atta boy Izzo. B10 basketball would never be the same, I would find myself not cheering for michy state in the dance anymore.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5290541

"I'm pleased to say I am here for life at Michigan State."

wow, i respect his loyalty

He's made tons of money already. He gets to choose between babysitting rich guys for 5 years and maing lots and lots more money, or spending 10 years making a big difference in young men's lives, doing something he obviously loves and just making a lot of money. I respect, and am grateful for, his judgment and grounding. Easy guy to cheer for, as GopherLady has said all along.

I'm guessing Gopher Lady is out celebrating tonight!

Yeah - the Big Ten just wouldn't be the same if he left.

He's made tons of money already. He gets to choose between babysitting rich guys for 5 years and maing lots and lots more money, or spending 10 years making a big difference in young men's lives, doing something he obviously loves and just making a lot of money. I respect, and am grateful for, his judgment and grounding. Easy guy to cheer for, as GopherLady has said all along.

I'm guessing Gopher Lady is out celebrating tonight!

GA actually texted me the news the minute it came out - and was traveling so I almost drove off the road! I said that between this and Bill Self having a good confernce to play in, it may have been one of the best days of my life! I said it a number of times, but I never saw him leaving - as Jim V2 said - he doesn't need the money, and he cares more about building an empire and influencing young men's lives than making more. Plus - you look at the stuff he's done, like benching his best players, he's all about a team, not superstars. Even though it sucks to play him, this is a huge victory for the quality of the BT. In case you missed it, here's his presser Q&A - he says really nice things in the beginning, but if you want to get to a confrontation he had with a media member, it's about 13 minutes in. I actually just Tweeted Myron - how would Tubby react if he was called out like this (for keeping a private thought process private)? I think it would be so fun to cover Izzo as a media member. He's just a regular guy that's achieved extrodinary things.

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/videos...5036476001&bclid=1119242954&bctid=96455315001

Fabulous for Michigan State, wonderful for the Big Ten. I was hoping he would stay, but thinking he would leave. Glad I was wrong.

Good news. One of the best coaches in college basketball. It may have been good for the Gophers if he left, but I'm glad he's staying put.

I hope he sticks to his word that he's a Sparty lifer.

Excellent news for college basketball as a whole, the Big Ten specifically. The man can both recruit and coach.

Wish he would've left.

Take Ferentz with him!

If you're trying to get rid of the the coaches that beat us, you're going to have to extend your list quite a bit.

I hope he sticks to his word that he's a Sparty lifer.

Excellent news for college basketball as a whole, the Big Ten specifically. The man can both recruit and coach.

I would love if it he did finish his career there. From his presser, it sounds like he wants MSU to becomse a Duke-like empire (Duke haters, pls refrain from commenting), and he said he needs to have about 3 championships total to get there.

This is great for big ten hoops. My second favorite Basketball team only because of this guy.

This is what makes the big ten different then all the other conferences. When it is a big ten team against anyone else the vast majority of big ten fans pull for the big ten team no matter the rivalries. Can't say that about the Big twelveten or the SEC

Top Bottom