2010 Big man prospect

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
Nothing real serious yet but a name to keep an eye on is Elliott Eliason, a 6'11, 238 junior from Chadron, Nebraska. 12.8 pts, 9.7 rebs. and 5 blocks as a sophomore.

Offers: Nebraska, Colorado State, Creighton, Washington State
*** rivals, ** scout, not evaluated on ESPN
#143 on rivals Top 150 for 2010, #12 center

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=80415&Sport=2

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=10280105

The end result of Elliott Eliason's second unofficial visit to the University of Nebraska didn't come as a complete surprise to him. But being what is believed to be the first in-state player offered a basketball scholarship by Doc Sadler still meant a lot to the Chadron High School center.

The 6-foot-11 sophomore met with the Huskers coach following NU's 68-49 victory over Colorado Sunday at the Devaney Center. Eliason said Sadler extended an offer to join his program in the fall of 2010.

"It's such an honor," he said. "It's nice to know that someone's noticing the hard work you're putting in."

Nebraska became the second NCAA Division I school to make an offer to Eliason this year. Colorado State had done so previously.
PictureGallery.aspx

Nothing real serious yet but a name to keep an eye on is Elliott Eliason, a 6'11, 238 junior from Chadron, Nebraska. 12.8 pts, 9.7 rebs. and 5 blocks as a sophomore.

Offers: Nebraska, Colorado State, Creighton, Washington State
*** rivals, ** scout, not evaluated on ESPN
#143 on rivals Top 150 for 2010, #12 center

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=80415&Sport=2

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=10280105

The end result of Elliott Eliason's second unofficial visit to the University of Nebraska didn't come as a complete surprise to him. But being what is believed to be the first in-state player offered a basketball scholarship by Doc Sadler still meant a lot to the Chadron High School center.

The 6-foot-11 sophomore met with the Huskers coach following NU's 68-49 victory over Colorado Sunday at the Devaney Center. Eliason said Sadler extended an offer to join his program in the fall of 2010.

"It's such an honor," he said. "It's nice to know that someone's noticing the hard work you're putting in."

Nebraska became the second NCAA Division I school to make an offer to Eliason this year. Colorado State had done so previously.
PictureGallery.aspx

If sophomore, wouldn't he be part of 2011 class?

He is a junior

If sophomore, wouldn't he be part of 2011 class?

It was a misprint in the article. The opening line called him a junior. He got his first offer from Nebraska and there was a lot of talk about him. It has been very quiet the past 3-4 months. I don't think he did much this summer. The high school competition he plays against would not be very good.

the article was from last spring when he was a sophomore, I just put that there to give a little background on the guy after doing a quick google search. It's a name that recently came up that is on our radar as a guy we are keeping a close eye on. Mills from wisconsin is another one and obviously Krueser at home would be the ideal fit if he keeps improving as far as centers go for 2010.

Monter has an update on him, here are a few quotes from his HS coach:

Nobiling says Eliason is hearing from a variety of schools.

"The latest is Stanford. Minnesota is flying in next week for Monday's game. He has offers from Creighton, Nebraska and Colorado State. Washington State has been here twice. New Mexico has been here. Louisville was here. Arizona State. There are like 12 or 13 schools with five offers now," Nobiling said. "Minnesota has not offered, but they are very interested. I got an e-mail from Coach Smith this morning at 9:25 and Coach Jirsa is planning on coming down.

Nobiling said that Eliason is still wide open in his recruitment.

"It's still early. I don't think that he is going to make a decision in the near future. He is keeping pretty close to the vest. He and I are very close. Our families are very close. Even his dad said, 'I know that he likes Creighton a lot. Stanford jumped in here recently. He really likes the idea of the Pac-10. He likes Washington State. There are probably three right there. He is still keeping Nebraska on because they have been there from the very beginning, but it would be tough to say who is #1," he said.

Nobiling said that Eliason does not know much about Minnesota.

"He doesn't know a lot. He knows that Tubby Smith is a historic coach. A lot of people from what we have read surely enjoyed playing for him, wherever he has been like Kentucky," Nobiling said. "There is a lot of tradition with him. Not much about the Big Ten and not much about the school itself, but a lot about Tubby."

Go Gophers!!

holy crap, Chadron is way out in the sticks, closer to Colorado State than Nebraska. At first I thought he'd probably want to stay close to home and play at Nebraska, but wherever he goes will be miles away, so maybe we have a shot if Tubby wants him.

I think Minnesota delayed the trip for Monday to see him, sounds like it is a pain in the ass to get there and the coach wanted us to see him play in a more competitive game.

Top Bottom