Minnesota vs Cal St Fullerton Game thread

gophersfan

Reaction score
Final game of this regional. winner move on and loser, season over. Who gonna be pitching for the Gophers.

2 hours away from first pitch and the Miami and Texas AM game just started after a rain delay. uh uh.

Fullerton's SS, Christian Colon was drafted #4 overall, Twins selected Ohio St. pitcher Alex Whimmers.

Minnesota is the home team tonight, wearing White jerseys. CSF is the road team.

Austin Lubinsky is starting for Minnesota.

Is this really the same pitcher from Friday for CSF that threw 125 pitches??

Anyone know why Puhl isn't playing?

Heard John Anderson on with Reusse today and he said Puhl tweaked a knee on his hit last night. Anderson said they were going to see if Puhl would be able to DH tonight but apparently that didn't pan out.

A lot better start tonight. Bats have already showed up, pitching steadier, defense still solid. Geason homers in second to put Gophers ahead 2-1. And right after I typed about Geason's homer, Fullerton answers with a solo shot in the third.

I know its been stated multiple times, but these announcers are great...they're giving the gophers a ton of love...

now lets hold this lead!

Go Gophers!!

Just got home about 15 minutes ago and put the game on...

When did Oakes last pitch again? Surprised to see Lubinsky out there in a do or die, but he's holding his own.

Fullerton sure likes to flip the bat after home runs. I hope these guys get taught a lesson when they move on to the next level of baseball.

Exactly what I came on here to post. That first basemen has done it every time he's hit a HR. Next time he comes up, there should be a fastball in his ribs. Can't stand that $hit.

Fullerton sure likes to flip the bat after home runs. I hope these guys get taught a lesson when they move on to the next level of baseball.

beat me to it...

A lot of "chatter" from their bench too...

Lubinsky has gotten away from the fastball too quickly.

No offense guys...

But your head coach really cost you this regional. This Lubinsky kid should have been pulled after CSF tied it at 4. That Rosin kid only threw what, 80 pitches on Friday? I liked what I saw out of Matyas, too. Why not throw Rosin for 3 and Matyas for 2? Your coach's loyalty to Lubinsky screwed you over.

The steal of second last inning, right after a pitch out, was questionable as well.

Too bad, as you guys competed with a strong team that year in and year out makes it to Omaha (or at least contends). But Serrano > Anderson and that was the difference this weekend.

Hope to see a Big Ten team make it to Omaha one of this years. Would love it to be you guys, I've always cheered for the Gophs from SEC country.

Exactly what I came on here to post. That first basemen has done it every time he's hit a HR. Next time he comes up, there should be a fastball in his ribs. Can't stand that $hit.

I don't watch enough college baseball to know if retribution is part of the game. I assume the NCAA cracks down on that sort of thing pretty harshly. But I do know that when guys like Ramirez and Jones try that crap in pro ball, they will end up on their asses pretty quickly.

damn...I thought the game was still going on...

But your head coach really cost you this regional. This Lubinsky kid should have been pulled after CSF tied it at 4. That Rosin kid only threw what, 80 pitches on Friday? I liked what I saw out of Matyas, too. Why not throw Rosin for 3 and Matyas for 2? Your coach's loyalty to Lubinsky screwed you over.

The steal of second last inning, right after a pitch out, was questionable as well.

Too bad, as you guys competed with a strong team that year in and year out makes it to Omaha (or at least contends). But Serrano > Anderson and that was the difference this weekend.

Hope to see a Big Ten team make it to Omaha one of this years. Would love it to be you guys, I've always cheered for the Gophs from SEC country.

I don't watch enough college baseball to know if retribution is part of the game. I assume the NCAA cracks down on that sort of thing pretty harshly. But I do know that when guys like Ramirez and Jones try that crap in pro ball, they will end up on their asses pretty quickly.

The best thing to do is just come back and beat them - 'nuff said.

The only people who truly know if Rosin and Matyas would be ready to pitch tonight is them and the coaching staff. I trust their judgment.

And with all due respect, to say Serrano > Anderson is the difference is a little ridiculous to me. If the Gophers lose, it is mainly because Cal St. Fullerton is just better. And it's pretty obvious their team is more talented than ours. They just have two guys drafted in the 1st round today.

Yeah, you're right. I just can't stand that. It'll never fly once they get into the minors.

Rosin is up in the bullpen...

EDIT: I misunderstood my friend, he is in the bullpen but wasn't warming up

i know i'm being picky, but that balk call was a little iffy and killed us...

thats what happens when you walk the lead-off guy... ALWAYS comes back to get you

The balk calls have certainly been iffy. Game is not over yet, but it is fairly clear that CSF is the better team. Still rooting for the Gophers. Nothing is over until the final out.

Top Bottom