Rules for Pick Per Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNSnowman

An old timer
Reaction score
I'm posting this for reference only -- link will be in the daily Pick Per Day threads.

Sorry: Pick Per Day is closed to new participants for the balance of the season. There's no way new participants can pick enough games to participate at the first division. If you're interested in participating next year, please let me know and I'll make sure you get a personal invite next season.

Pick Per Day Rules/Guidelines

Here's the way Pick-per-Day (PPD) works:

1. You make one pick per day by selecting a team and the point spread that's offered.

For example, if Florida is favored by 22.5 points versus Toledo and you choose Florida, you pick Florida -22.5

If instead you think that spread is too generous, you pick Toledo +22.5
  2. The pick must be in required format (see#4 below) and submitted by that day's deadline.

I always identify the deadlines for picks (picks on weekdays are usually due at 5:00 while picks on weekends and holidays will usually be due earlier.) If you don't make the published deadline, I'll still try to include your pick if I can, but no promises and it largely depends on how busy I am around the deadline time or after I edit the summary.
  3. Please verify your pick was recorded when the posting is Closed and please check the next day's tally to make sure I correctly credited you with the win or loss. Mistakes will happen and I'm more than happy to go back a day or two and figure out what went wrong and then make any corrections. But I really don't want to go back a couple of weeks and try to recalculate the wins and losses.
  4. All picks must be entered using this format:

Moniker: Team and Spread (e.g. MNSnowman: Minnesota +1)

Picks that are submitted after the deadline without making prior arrangements or do not use this format will not be counted in that days tally.
  5. If you want to change your pick, please add a new post rather than editing your original pick and please note it's a change in the header. (It's easier to pick up and make the change this way.
  6. Every now and then, the provider of the Lines has a strange point spread. I reserve the right to scratch games where the spread exceeds normal expectations or if the picks are subsequently corrected, the correction is substantially different than the first pick and the original spread gives a participant an unfair advantage.

In other words, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
  7. We now have two divisions ... one for the seriously addicted (must have made picks 2/3rds of the time) and the other for the more leisurely, laid-back participants. You'll move to the "upper" division if you make frequent picks over time ... the divisions are calculated each night. Because I round off the required minimum number of games, you may bounce back and forth between divisions from one night to another if you're close to the cut-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom