Minnesota vs New Mexico game thread

gophersfan

Reaction score
Time to go 2-0 in this regional.

tough double play there...1st and 3rd, 0 outs and couldn't capitalize...let's hope it doesn't come back to haunt us...

That strikeout looking for the first out hurt. Need a good bottom half here

The umpire has a big strike zone. He's been really consistent but absolutely loves calling that low and away pitch for a strike. The camera angle makes it really tough to see if it is catching the plate or not. It seems to be a lower zone. Couple pitches at the letters that I thought were strikes were called balls and some low ones that looked like balls were called strikes. Camera angles make it difficult to judge though.

Gophers take the lead in the top of the 10th! 6-4... no out

Wish I had ESPNU :mad:

Some great hitting and coaching there. Everyone knew a slider was coming and the hitters were just sitting and waitng for them. Bad sac bunt that oddly worked out how they wanted it too. Out at third and then a throwing error to first allowing the runners to advance.

Hell of a performance by Scott Matyas. Pounding the outside corner with 90 mph gas time and time again, and the Lobos couldn't go out and get it.

Gophers now get to sit back and watch New Mexico and CSUF duke it out.

Amazing pitching by the Gophers. Matyas just mowing them down. 8 straight strike outs to end the game. Gophers are just rolling right now.

He looked so confident out there. You knew he was going to win the game. I wish he could play tomorrow. I have a feeling that we will end up playing CS Fullerton and we will need his arm to win that game.

Wow!

I didn't expect this at all. Way to go men of Gold!

Making the whole conf look good out in CA. 1 more win to the Supers!!

Matt-ay!!! Awesome way to close it out!! Loved that last strikeout...made him go fishing.

GM

might sound like a broken record now, but Matyas was incredible there. great pitching and an awesome win. Lookin forward to tommorow game... cmon super regionals!!

Did anyone enjoy the announcers as much as I did? Made me chuckle a couple of times and I enjoyed hearing their analysis of the hitters and such.

Gotta agree that the anouncers were very good. Gave a lot of actually relevant insight and then explained the reasoning behind it instead of just throwing random catch phrases out there. Love how the one(Ensberg I believe) noticed the pitcher balk and moments later the umpire called it on the exact same little move. They also gave a lot of love to John Anderson for doing all the little things the right way.

Only low seed to have this kind of success so far this year.

The Gophers are the only #3 OR #4 seed to go 2-0 during the first 2 games.NCAA Bracket

I think we will get CS-F again.

Will be tough to beat them 1 more time...but we set ourselves up great for this.

Hope NM wears them out in the early game tomorrow!

Go Gophers!!

GM

I think we will get CS-F again.

Will be tough to beat them 1 more time...but we set ourselves up great for this.

Hope NM wears them out in the early game tomorrow!

GM

I am afraid we wore NM out and CS F will make quick work of NM. But I still like our chances.

I saw two Gopher's defensive plays from this game on ESPN's Top 10 this morning. I can't find it online. Does anyone else see it somewhere?

Top Bottom