Jesperson Invited to NBA Players Assoc. Top 100 Camp

woohoo, I searched the web for a list of the hundred, but wasn't able to come up with anything. Would you happen to know where I might see a list of the players? Thank you.

There will be a website for the camp. Maybe not up and running yet. The NBAPA camp has been the most prestigious of the summer camps since its origin in early 2000's.

Usually posted in mid-June.

That is one skinny guy

He has been gradually tacking on pounds and will continue to work in the weight room. Definitely will be bigger and stronger in college than he currently is now.

Friend Of Tubby said:
There will be a website for the camp. Maybe not up and running yet. The NBAPA camp has been the most prestigious of the summer camps since its origin in early 2000's.

I think it's been going on for quite a while longer than that even... to give folks an idea of the types of players that go to this... here's a link to a list of last year's attendees:

2009 Attendees

I think it's been going on for quite a while longer than that even... to give folks an idea of the types of players that go to this... here's a link to a list of last year's attendees:

2009 Attendees

You are correct (longer than I thought). Here was Bob Gibbons' 2008 camp summary:

2008 NBPA Top 100 Camp Wrapup
Posted by Bob Gibbons on 06/28 at 06:57 PM

The sixteenth annual NBPA Top 100 Camp is now history. For us this has been a lengthy six months involvment, beginning with the initial player invitations, and culminating with the camps awards ceremony and closure on Saturday evening. This is, unquestionably, the premier high school boys basketball camp in America. And, the level of talent, teaching and stations drills with current and former NBA players, education and counseling in life skills, and the parents support programs, are unequalled by any other camp.

The three camp championship games were played at 6:30 p.m. on June 21 in the John Paul Jones Arena at the University of Virginia. In the Gold Division championship the Suns (8-1), coached by Robert Smith (Chicago, Ill., Simeon), raced past the Jazz (5-4), coached by Mike Jones ( Hyattsville, Md., DeMatha), 93-73. Impressive 2010 prospect, 6-6 WF Harrison Barnes (Ames, Iowa) led the Suns with 15 points, 5 rebounds; rising seniors, 6-7 WF Ari Stewart (Marietta, Ga., Wheeler), added 14 points, and Illinois commit, 6-3 2G Brandon Paul (Gurnee, Ill., Warren) had 13 points. The leaders for the Jazz were ESPN No. 3 rated, 6-3 2G Kenny Boynton (Plantation, Fla., American Heritage) with 14 points, and rugged insider, No. 24 rated, 6-9 C/F Dante Taylor (Ft. Washington, Md., National Christian) with 8 points and 12 rebounds.

The Cavaliers (6-3), coached by Kevin Keatts (Chatham, Va., Hargrave Military Academy), crushed the Lakers (7-2), coached by Dan Hurley (Newark, N.J. St. Benedict’s, 99-64, to win the Silver Division Championship. The Lakers were 7-0 before their melt down in the camp’s final two games. Purdue recruit, 6-9 C/F Jeff Robinson (Indianapolis, Ind., Lawrence North), and Virginia Tech bound, 6-3 PG Erick Green (Winchester, Va., Millbrook), both scored 15 points for the Cavaliers; and No. 21 rated, Florida commit, 6-9 C/F Erik Murphy (Southborough, Mass., St. Mark’s), added 14 points, 6 rebounds. Super sophomores, 6-8 P/WF Tristan Thompson (Newark, N.J., St. Benedict’s), and 6-6 G/F Travis McKie (Richmond, Va., John Marshall), each scored 10 points for the Lakers.

The Celtics (4-5), coached by Shonn Brown (Charlotte, N.C., Christian) finished on a positive note by defeating the Rockets, 84-71 in the Bronze Division title game. After losing five consecutive games, the Rockets (3-6), coached by Pat Clatchey (Baltimore, Md., Mt. St. Joseph), won three of their last four games.

Leaders for the Celtics were No. 8 rated, North Carolina recruit, 6-4 combo guard Leslie McDonald (Eads, Tenn., Briarcrest Christian), with 22 points; hard-nosed Purdue commit, 6-5 G/F D. J. Byrd (Crawfordsville, Ind., North Montgomery), with 16 points; and Louisville bound, 6-8 PF Rakeem Buckles (Opa Locka, Fla, Pace), and No. 20 rated 6-9 PF Ryan Kelly (Raleigh, N.C., Ravenscroft), each with 10 points. The top performers for the Rockets were No. 18 rated, 6-6 G/F Terrell Vinson (Rockville, Md., Montrose Christian), with 15 points, 7 rebounds; talented 6-3 PG Darius Morris (Los Angeles, Calif., Windward), with 13 points, 5 assists; UNLV commit, 6-10 C Carlos Lopez (Henderson, Nev., Findlay Prep), with 12 points; and versatile 6-7 WF Jamil Wilson (Racine, Wisc., Horlick), with 10 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists.

These statistics are somewhat misleading since the games consisted of 48 minutes running clock, and players actually had 24 minutes or less time on the court.

Camp Awards

Most Valuable Player: Kenny Boynton - Jazz

Most Promising Prospect: Ryan Kelly- Celtics

Best All-Around Player: Terrell Vinson - Rockets

Most Promising Prospect 2010: Brandon Knight - Magic
(In my opinion this award should have gone to Tristan Thompson - Lakers, Jared Sullinger - Lakers, or Josh Hairston - Cavaliers.)

Camp Leadership Award: Roger Franklin - Magic

“Mr. Hustle”: Damon Powell - Jazz

Most Improved Player: D. J. Byrd - Celtics

Best Rebounder: Jared Sullinger - Lakers

Best Playmaker: Junior Cadougan - Suns

Best Post Player: Dante Taylor - Magic
(In my opinion this award should have gone to Wally Judge - Pistons, or Garrick Sherman - Spurs.)

Best Team Player: Abdul Gaddy - Lakers

Best Defender- Backcourt: Mfon Udofia - Cavaliers

Best Defender- Frontcourt: Tristan Thompson - Lakers

Bob Gibbons’ Top 30 Camp Players

Rank ESPN Name CL Pos City/State College
1 3 Kenny Boynton 09 2G Plantation, Fla. --
2 18 Terrell Vinson 09 G/F Rockville, Md. --
3 2* Jared Sullinger 10* PF Columbus, Ohio Ohio State
4 73 Jamal Coombs-McDaniel 09 WF Tilton, N.H. Connecticut
5 31 Wally Judge 09 PF Jacksonville, Fla. Kansas State
6 3* Tristan Thompson 10* PF Newark, N.J. Texas
7 20 Ryan Kelly 09 PF Raleigh, N.C. --
8 43 Roger Franklin 09 WF Duncanville, Texas --
9 56 Durand Scott 09 2G New York, N.Y. --
10 11 Christian Watford 09 WF Irondale, Ala. --
11 85 John Jenkins 09 2G Gallatin, Tenn. Vanderbilt
12 13 Jordan Hamilton 09 WF Compton, Calif. --
13 8 Leslie McDonald 09 2/1G Eads, Tenn. North Carolina
14 82 Garrick Sherman 09 C Kenton, Ohio Michigan State
15 66 Brandon Paul 09 2G Gurnee, Ill. Illinois
16 24 Dante Taylor 09 C/F Ft. Washington, Md. --
17 60 Richard Howell 09 PF Marietta, Ga. --
18 79 Junior Cadougan 09 PG Humble, Texas --
19 33 Jeronne Maymon 09 PF Madison, Wisc. Marquette
20 48 Ari Stewart 09 WF Marietta, Ga. --
21 1* Josh Hairston 10* P/WF Spotsylvania, Va. --
22 57 Jack Cooley 09 C Glenview, Ill. Notre Dame
23 25 Nolan Dennis 09 2G N. Richland Hills, Texas --
24 n/r Trent Lockett 09 2G Minnetonka, Minn. Arizona State
25 21 Erik Murphy 09 C/F Southborough, Mass. Florida
26 4* Brandon Knight 10* PG Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. --
27 17 Milton Jennings 09 P/WF Summerville, S.C. Clemson
28 5* Kendall Marshall 10* PG Arlington, Va. North Carolina
29 14 Abdul Gaddy 09 PG Tacoma, Wash. --
30 6* Jeremy Tyler 10* C San Diego, Calif. --

These ratings are based upon evaluations of every player’s performance in this camp. You will note that this list includes all of our top six rated players in the Class of 2010. Missing from this rankings are four Top 30 prospects that were injured and got limited playing opportunities in this camp. Those players are: No. 2 rated, 6-6 G/F Xavier Henry (Oklahoma City, Okla.); No. 5, 6-6 G/F Dominic Cheek (Jersey City, N.J.); No. 12, Villanova recruit, 6-1 PG Maalik Wayns (Philadelphia, Pa.); and No. 28, promising big man, 6-9 C Aaric Murray (Concordville, Pa.).

The NBPA Top 100 Camp was the first major event of the summer, and, as you can see from these ratings, significant changes, undoubtedly, lie ahead in the rankings the top prospects nationally in each class.

Good news. This guy would be a great get for us. Hopefully he doesn't get too good to where duke starts offering and we lose our standing with him :)

Another impressive list - I'm getting excited about this kid.

GW, not sure if you know the answer to this or not. I'm curious to know how the scouting is done to pick the invites. It would seem to me that this would take quite a bit of effort with scouting. Does the NBAPA have its own dedicated scouts or are there scouts from different teams that get together and compare notes?

Out of the 100, 25 (if I counted right) come from states with Big Ten Universities. Unfortunately, no Minnesota kids or any from the newest member of the Big Ten, Nebraska.

Jesperson has decided to skip the UW advanced camp next Monday and Tuesday. Sounds like he is instead going to attend Virginia's elite camp, which is those same two days.

Jesperson has decided to skip the UW advanced camp next Monday and Tuesday. Sounds like he is instead going to attend Virginia's elite camp, which is those same two days.

UWOle, please help me understnad what jesperson's fascination with virginia is? basketball program is pretty terrible even though they land good recruits, is academics the only reason he would consider them?

UWOle, please help me understnad what jesperson's fascination with virginia is? basketball program is pretty terrible even though they land good recruits, is academics the only reason he would consider them?

I think Tony Bennett has a lot to do with it.

Top Bottom