Mbakwe Trial Set For 7/26/10

Tater

f.k.a. "Tubtastic"
Reaction score
In case it hasn't been posted yet: http://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/CJIS/CaseSearch.aspx

Hopefully this is the last re-scheduling, that the depositions are completed in time, that Trevor sticks with the Gophers, that Trevor is found not guilty, and that the Gophers and Trevor have a great season....

Let's hope, but my guess is that it gets delayed again. I find it hard to believe they get all of the necessary depositions done before then.

Let's hope, but my guess is that it gets delayed again. I find it hard to believe they get all of the necessary depositions done before then.

They better. How many depositions can there possibly be? 2-3 folks testifying as to where Trevor was that night. That's about all it is, IIRC. If they can't get that done in the next 6 weeks, then we'll start hearing 'schools about to start' type excuses. It's unbelievable they haven't gotten it done YET, but there's really zero excuses anymore.

Why do you find it hard to believe? My gosh, how much more time should they need? If the trial begins on July 26th, they will have had roughly 70 weeks - about 15 months - to get the freaking depositions done. This shouldn't have taken this long.

Why do you find it hard to believe? My gosh, how much more time should they need? If the trial begins on July 26th, they will have had roughly 70 weeks - about 15 months - to get the freaking depositions done. This shouldn't have taken this long.

They shouldn't need anymore time, this should have been resolved months ago! If they had to delay it from the 7th to the 26th, why should I think they will be ready in a few weeks. Don't get me wrong, I want this settled as much as the next person, I'm just not all that optimistic anymore, and I consider myself to be a glass half full kind of guy.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Trevor is having trouble finding anyone who'll swear under oath that he was at a different location at the time of the alleged assault?

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Trevor is having trouble finding anyone who'll swear under oath that he was at a different location at the time of the alleged assault?

Nope. Hope I'm wrong but that's the feeling I'm getting.

Hope Trevor's case goes well, and he stays. If not, and I know you will all hate to hear it, Royce White is still an option. His facebook picture is now him playing defense on Vince Carter, a lot better then him on an ad for a club. Maybe hes thinking about ball again.

Whether the trial goes well for Trevor or not, what possible advantage can he gained by changing schools at this point?

An innocent Trevor would make a good 16th birthday for me!

Top Bottom