half time reply

book

Reaction score
Wrote an e mail to Maturi about the "scrolling name only" gaffe with the alumni players (I also wrote about how great it was to have Tubby). He wrote and agreed with me - and he said he has internally handled the situation!

Gotta say one thing about Maturi...even though he has his detractors...I think he's done a pretty good job so far, all things considered. It really seems like he really wants and works hard to make sure all of our athletic programs are of both athletic and academic excellence.

There are certain realities that AD's face at a Big 10 school, but overall, I think he's done a decent job.

Maturi

I wrote a quick email to Maturi this season and I sent it on a Sunday morning. That same afternoon Joel sent me a response. He was brief, but he was kind in his tone and he did not avoid answering my question. On the ball and seemed to be very warm.

At what point will he stop saying it will not happen again, and when will it start never happening again?

Exactly Nate. Its not like he hasn't gotten this feedback before.

Missed that thread when it first came out

Add another vote for tastelessly done at halftime. Each guy that took the time to show up should have had his name announced. I sure hope the rest of the activities planned for the alumni last weekend went off better than the halftime recognition.

Maturi

That's a great point Nate. I wonder if that poor showing at half-time will make some alumni think twice about coming back next time?

Where does Willie Burton live? I can't imagine this was a quick "stop-by & hello" for him.

Top Bottom