ESPN blog about Tubby verdict (pro tubby)

Accuracy

I know it's an opinion piece, but does the writer have his facts straight. He has Eric Musselman coaching the Gophers when Williams was involved with NCAA violations In fact his dad Bill Musselman was the coach. Eric was 8 years old when Bill Musselman left the U in 1972.

When Tubby took on the challenge to attempt to restore the Minnesota basketball program to respectability, I suspect he didn't have a deep understanding of just how far it had fallen. An assistant coach with major NCAA infractions was allowed to remain as active staff and to be an interim head-coach. Gazzam! Perhaps knowing more of the dark history - and the acceptance of such by a deliberating public - now gives him insight into why the program struggles to gain national respect. Good Luck Tubby. The road is longer than you thought.

Jimmy is 63 or so, do you think he's going to be overly concerned about burning bridges? The writer acts like Maturi and Tubby took the moral high road, which I'm not buying into. Like Bigkahunaiii said, does he have his facts straight? I bet in the coaching fraternity many jobs are handled over the phone. Trevor should dump his lawyer and get Jimmy's.

Top Bottom